The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Awards Moderator
On the subject of great Megadrive games.. I used to love playing this on my old Genesis..

g06666s20ez.jpg

Hmmm, that was a pretty crummy game. Sluggish controls and archaic level layout. I rented it over a weekend and took it back early!

On the subject of great Megadrive games.. I used to love playing this on my old Genesis..

g06666s20ez.jpg

Hmmm, that was a pretty crummy game. Sluggish controls and archaic level layout. I rented it over a weekend and took it back early!

I logged a lot of hours with Greendog. I always found it to be a fun platformer which was a little more challenging than a lot of similar games on the market. The games i logged the most hours on when it comes to my Genesis where ESWAT, Sonic the Hedgehog, Space Harrier 2, Streets of Rage and Lemmings. There was also some top down scrolling fighter plane game i cant remember the name of i used to love.

Nebulus was a brilliant game! Exactly what a good video game should be, simple concept with plenty of depth. Naturally, i played mine on the Atari 520ST you understand.

I bought one of those hand held Megadrive things a couple of months back, so i've been playing endless amounts of Street Fighter 2 recently, not touched many of the other games on there as yet, but i've gotten addicted to one in particular.

eswat000vz4.gif

Stuck on the 5th level at the minute. It's a fun if fairly simple platform shoot em up, and the Robocop esque character didn't influence me in the slightest, but what's interesting is figuring out how to defeat each boss, as i guess is the case in modern gaming too, you amass various weapons many of which are fucking useless in the general gameplay, and just the ticket when faced with certain challenges, so it's been fun if not frustrating, endlessly dying through trial and error although at this point i've hit a brick wall i've yet to figure out a way past.

I laughingly thought to myself when i got this, those old games will be piss easy these days, however, Axel and Blaze are still getting the shit kicked out of them on the rare occassion i've had enough of Dragon Punching the shit out of everyone.

I was thinking about getting that Handheld Mega Drive after Xmas. Can you install Genesis roms on there, as I've only found those on the net?

I was thinking about getting that Handheld Mega Drive after Xmas. Can you install Genesis roms on there, as I've only found those on the net?

You can load them from a memory stick, but there will be no save feature, depending on what handheld you get. So no Phantasy Star IV, Story of Thor unless you are planning on playing them all the way through at once.

Also some games wont work cant remember which ones off hand though

You can load them from a memory stick, but there will be no save feature, depending on what handheld you get. So no Phantasy Star IV, Story of Thor unless you are planning on playing them all the way through at once.

Also some games wont work cant remember which ones off hand though

Yeah, this one comes with an SD Slot: Firecore Portable Console with 20 Sega Mega Drive Games. Unsure if you can save games on that one, would be nice.

Edited by zep81

Yeah, this one comes with an SD Slot: Firecore Portable Console with 20 Sega Mega Drive Games. Unsure if you can save games on that one, would be nice.

You can play through the TV on that one, but dont think that will save. Still plenty of games. Pretty Certain Virtua Racing wont work, though

• Paid Members
Picked up an N64 with Mario 64 Mariokart and Goldeneye for 12 quid today..well chuffed

Best Wrestling games to buy?

and any other kind of games tbh

People say WWF No Mercy is the best one, but that's bollocks because the reversal system is completely broken.

Picked up an N64 with Mario 64 Mariokart and Goldeneye for 12 quid today..well chuffed

Best Wrestling games to buy?

and any other kind of games tbh

People say WWF No Mercy is the best one, but that's bollocks because the reversal system is completely broken.

I got that off Ebay today for a Fiver so happy with that