Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So are they physically filmed onto anything like a disc or is it all digital? and what's the difference between that and filming on film? All this talk has got me curious :laugh:

It depends on what they are filming with. Standard used to be tape (which are the bigger betamax style. they'd record the feed from each camera seperate as well as from the desk (which is what you see on tv) Now I should imagine its digital media (not worked in a studio since about 2001) When you use film its just like when you used to take a photo, it has to be developed before you can see/use it. You then have to physically put the pieces together by hand to edit them.

• Paid Members
Film has not been put together by hand for years, Chokeout. NOT to say some old school editors still don't practice the method however.

Thats not entirely true. You can edit offline from a work print but this still produces a cut list which is put together by a negative cutter. For low budget film shoots using 16 or 35mm they are shot on film and developed onto tape to edit from, this is usually to save on processing fees. Many big studios do digitize the footage to edit but quite a lot of editors (Sally Menke being a prime example before she snuffed it) still use a 35mm work print to edit on

• Paid Members
Interesting to see a release that will largely contain 4:3 footage being released on Blu-Ray. When it comes to the older extras, do you guys think they'll maintain the 4:3 aspect ratio or try to stretch and squash them into 16:9? I hope it's the former.

On older footage dont they add the little side borders on to keep it in original ratio?

Interesting to see a release that will largely contain 4:3 footage being released on Blu-Ray. When it comes to the older extras, do you guys think they'll maintain the 4:3 aspect ratio or try to stretch and squash them into 16:9? I hope it's the former.

For Blu-Ray, the old footage will likely be 4:3 with the typical WWE bars along each side. Just an educated guess.

• Paid Members

WWF Year in Review 1993/1994 now showing as available for pre order on silvervision's site

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The...VD-2-Discs.html

I remember the 1993 video being decent, but 1994 featured too much from that years PPV's

A bit gutted that they seem to have missed out the 1992 dvd as that was probably the best of the lot, as it also included the full Flair - Savage title switch from days after SummerSlam

WWF Year in Review 1993/1994 now showing as available for pre order on silvervision's site

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The...VD-2-Discs.html

I remember the 1993 video being decent, but 1994 featured too much from that years PPV's

A bit gutted that they seem to have missed out the 1992 dvd as that was probably the best of the lot, as it also included the full Flair - Savage title switch from days after SummerSlam

According to a quote on the SilverVision facebook page a day or two ago, the master tape for '92 is beyond repair. Such a shame, I really wanted it :(

Archived