Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

Heenan's 40+ year career gets two discs. DX's final seven month run gets three discs.

what are people more likely to want to see? a mixture of old footage of a manager (regardless of how good he was) or wrestling footage of two of the most talented and significant wrestlers of the last 15 years? the problem is WWE's key demographic is a lot younger these days so it makes more sense to put more effort into catering for them, and most of them have likely not heard of Heenan or never seen anything of him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the chap from Silvervision reads this, the Survivor Series Blu Ray that is out soon has the Old School Raw as an extra but the listing appears to be missing some stuff, is it an edited version of the show? Great to have it as an bonus but would be a shame if it weren't in full.

Hopefully the chap from Silvervision reads this, the Survivor Series Blu Ray that is out soon has the Old School Raw as an extra but the listing appears to be missing some stuff, is it an edited version of the show? Great to have it as an bonus but would be a shame if it weren't in full.

im not the silvervision guy but from what ive read on SV's facebook page it is edited which is a shame, still gonna buy it though cos it was an awesome episode of raw

Bought the Heenan DVD from Silver Vision (cos it was out a couple of weeks before Amazon) and was a tad disappointed tbh.

The biog on the first disc is pretty good, but a fair bit of the footage is shown two or even three times - which considering the amount of footage they must have available, is pretty poor. His H.o.F. speech is amazing though, although the lead-in is a tad embarrassing, and could possibly have been edited.

From a personal point of view, would have liked to have seen more of his stuff with Monsoon. The only match on the DVD with them commentating together is the '92 Rumble, which I'm sure has been on several other DVD's.

Having said that, Bobby is a legend, and I guess we're lucky he got his own release at all amongst the milking of the Cena/DX cash cows.

10par7c.jpg

I haven't seen anything on silvervision on this as of yet. This isn't just gonna be one of those North American deals where it's only released on wal mart over there or something is it?!?!? I haven't pre ordered a DVD for a good long while but this is one I would love to see.

I am all over that Wrestlemania DVD if it's released here. From the trailer it looks fantastic, and just the thing to wet my appetite before WM27. That and the WM18-26 rewind that I've just started.

As it's three discs surely it will get released here too, if it isn't I'll happily import it.

Archived