Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I've a fairly big Hellblazer fan since I was a kid and my cousin gave me a shitload of 2000AD, Swamp Thing and Hellblazer comics, and I was actually a fan of the movie. (Well, the fan edit by Jorge anyway, which was actually wonderful.)

I was very disheartened by the tv show to be honest for the first few episodes, but I persevered and I'm glad I did because right now it's gone into true Constantine territory.
I would like to see him go back to Liverpool and Ireland, but with the show likely to be cancelled after this weeks episode, I'm just glad it finished strong.

I love the Hellblazer War Lord novel because it actually lends credence to a dark haired Constantine who lives in Los Angeles. Hard to explain without spoiling, but that’s why I love the Hellblazer world.

• Paid Members

I would like to see him go back to Liverpool and Ireland, but with the show likely to be cancelled after this weeks episode, I'm just glad it finished strong.

What the what now? That's terrible news.

They should keep it on Andrew Garfield if possible. Three guys in 15 years or so would feel like too many, I think.

I'd be surprised if they keep him. I would think they would want to wash their hands of the mess that was TASM2. It's not Garfield's fault, he's ok in the role, but shit happens. Batman and Superman change actors every couple of years, it's not a problem for me. This news puts pressure on DC/WB, Marvel up until now have only been playing with the lower cards making them into superstars, now they have a legit icon character to play with. 

Edited by The Total Package

• Paid Members

Aye, boss. Apparently after episode 13, the jig is up for Constantine.

NBC are looking for a new home for the show, and although a Constantine Omnibus did decent bidnizz on SyFy, it’s looking grim

Well that's well and truly pissed on my fireworks. Very disappointed.

• Paid Members

EDIT - Agreed, Garfield should be Spidey. It would avoid the temptation of yet another origin film.

By all accounts they are scrapping Garfield, which is a shame as he wasn't too bad. The Sony leaks showed a lot of arguments about rebooting him and setting him back in school (which is what Marvel wanted) and then immediately having him graduate in the opening of the second film which was a stupid idea.

Hopefully they realise they don't need to do the origin story again and just throw him in as a teenage Spider-man. I really hope they dont go the Ultimate Spider-man route.

I actually did hear ol' Franky may well be a part of the Netflix Marvel gig, and Daredevil looks nice, grim and apt for a Punisher appearance.

Maybe if they combine a slightly toned down Castle with the Punisher Max/Ennis look, it could work.

Regarding Daredevil, I really hope they go down the Guardian Devil route at some stage. I love that arc. Born Again, has to be a given, considering it’s the arguably the most important Daredevil work there is, and with Daredevil in the MCU, the ending wouldn’t be so hard to pull off.

I also have to agree with DEF. I’m a fan of the Daredevil DC myself and I actually enjoyed Affleck and his billy club.

Deadpool next year too. Very exciting times.

Punisher is perfect for a TV series, something that wont break the bank but has enough action in it to keep everyone happy. I really hope it happens. Really hope Daredevil and the other shows do well because the thoughts of a fully fledged Marvel TV universe is a wonderful thing

One major bullshit marketing lie was having Rhino featured in the trailer and promotional material quite heavily when he only appeared in the last 5 minutes as almost an epilogue. Also, putting the final shot of the movie in the trailer was just pure shit.

As has been said above re : plans going forward, I'm ok with them moving to a younger actor and setting it back in school, just so long as we don't get another origin story. If they want the MCU to follow the comics, then a retcon of a recent storyline which doesn't fit with the new vision is definitely par for the course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Apparently out is the same source image to the one doing the rounds, but with the saturation cranked up so you can see the outfit a bit better. I actually thought I was linking to the other one though! That was a mistake..

It's not actually a character I know much about (apart from what I learned through entourage), but I really like Namor, so if he's anything like that then I'm all for it.

Edited by Chest Rockwell