Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I don't really see anything wrong with them being stricter over Spider-Man, he's basically the companies figurehead. I think people are reading too much into the separation between the Peter Parker / Spider-Man criteria. I just read it as 'He shouldn't do this when he's dressed as Spider-Man' the additional bits just seem to be a catch all in case they do change who's portraying him.

I'm sure its just an extension of the guidelines writers get when they are given one of the comic titles to write. The Fantastic Four thing shows they aren't as protective over all their characters.The FF thing still irks me though, just seems a bit gimmicky to change Johnny Storm then keep Sue Storm as the blue eyed blonde. Changing things for the sake of it isn't always a good idea (All female Ghostbusters, I'm looking at you.)

• Paid Members

Yes, this is the Spidey to tie in with Avengers etc.

To the surprise of myself, since they announced they were looking at 16+ year olds for the role I was all for it, we've had two 30 year old Spideys in very recent memory and there's already loads of guys in their 30s in those films. A young Spider-man mixing it up with the heroes and villains has loads of potential and kids will love it too.

So Im guessing there wont be an Amazing SpiderMan 3 then  :unsure: still no battle with Rhino , Shame I liked Garfield as spidey and enjoyed those films, its annoying to keep going back to the start or reboot cause it seems we only get the same story or to the same part like a scratched dvd and have to wonder where the story would go

• Paid Members

Garfield is supposed to be a difficult cunt to deal with though, isn't he?
I remember seeing an interview with Marc Webb and someone asked him the question over Amazing Spider-Man 3 and would  Garfield be back given the rumoured tantrums and sulks and he smirked and said it wasn't up to him.

Looking for the fucking thing on youtube now and do you think I can find it?

Do we really need ANOTHER Spider-Man reboot? There's been two in the last 13 years.

They aren't doing it for a stand alone film just yet, more to fit him in to the Captain America Civil War film

Stand alone Spider-Man film is planned for 2017, the year after Captain America.

So is Spider Man part of the Marvel Cinematic universe now? If that's the case, he's ridiculously young for the role.

I disagree, especially in respect to the Avengers.

Spiderman's "prime" years was when he was at school, and a lot of modern retellings have positioned Peter Parker as a young student who is inspired by the Avengers to become a bigger hero. In fact he aspires to be an Avengers.

As a support character for Captain America: Civil War he's perfect! And it will be a fresh enough spin on the character.