Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Wasn't the reason for no hulk solo movie that other companies (Paramount ?) have the distribution rights currently ?

Yep Marvel don't have full control over a Hulk Solo movie. I'd be shocked if Banner isn't in Civil war seeing as they've bought Thunderbolt Ross back.

I honestly don't think Planet Hulk has been suggested for a movie by anyone other than fans throwing it's name into the mix.

• Paid Members

I'm a few episodes in on The Flash and I freaking love it. It took at least 17 episodes for me to give a flying fark about Arrow. It does everything that is vaguely good about it from the start. Plus The Flash is awesome.

Edited by DEF

Wasn't the reason for no hulk solo movie that other companies (Paramount ?) have the distribution rights currently ?

Yep Marvel don't have full control over a Hulk Solo movie. I'd be shocked if Banner isn't in Civil war seeing as they've bought Thunderbolt Ross back.

I honestly don't think Planet Hulk has been suggested for a movie by anyone other than fans throwing it's name into the mix.

Joss wheldon mentions it on the empire avengers spoiler podcast

To be honest, whilst a hulk solo film would be great, I'm happy the way things are. Why ruin a good thing? He steals the show in the 2 movies he's been in so far, (plus the iron man 3 cameo in the after credits was fairly funny), and will be great in any of the other movies he'll be in. 

People have suggested he go off to space for Planet Hulk or show up in GOTG, but I just don't think this version of Banner works in that environment.

Also, Re: The Flash - its been the best thing on TV for me. Whilst it started a little bit "baddy of the week" style stuff, it turned into some crazy epic story line TV show, that genuinely had me second guessing myself at every turn. Looking forward to season 2 :)

• Paid Members

Does anybody else think that Gotham is like, really really bad? I watched the first two episodes, and really did not like it. Some stuff was a good idea, but the show as a whole just was terrible.

It does get better as it goes on to be fair. It's not great, mostly let down by tone shifting around way too quickly and feeling way too "hey look everyone batman villains", but it's not bad watching as time goes on. 

If it had come out alongside Agents of SHIELD when that first came out, rather than after Daredevil, I'd probably think it was better.