Government's Spending Challenge

Steveo2007

A cap on kids for unemployed people. I'd say 2 at most if you're not working. People are deliberately quitting work because they get paid more on benefits because they have about 4-8 kids, let's put a stop to that.

There's plenty of libraries, school facilities and mates houses they can go to to do homework. That's what I did when I didn't have a computer, and I didn't get a computer until I was almost 17.

Both of these quotes tell me that you don't live in the same world as some of the people on the bread line.

Basically, your ideas are a joke.

I actually agree with a lot of what he says. Too many people these days expect a hand out to the point where they just won't bother trying to earn money for themselves.

I would say that privatisation of certain elements within the NHS would be a step in the right direction.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yup you can see how this threads going to end.

Why don't we cut all benefits from the sick or disabled (physically or mentally) while we're at it, them evil sponging cunts, they can wheel themselves to work or get someone to push them! :bored:

• Paid Members

Why don't we cut all benefits from the sick or disabled (physically or mentally) while we're at it, them evil sponging cunts, they can wheel themselves to work or get someone to push them! :bored:

I think you're going a bit overboard there, I can't see anyone who's sick or disabled being someone who people feel deserve to lose benefits (sure, there's some who do lie and claim to need DLA, but the majority aren't like that).

Also, with benefits, there is a lot of people who do have children purely because it works out better for them, again, perhaps not the majority, but it's a decent enough size now to be a drain on the country and it's something that does need stopping, as do the handouts.

Actually, I'd also suggest they set up a better system for said handouts, as it seems purely random whether you get them or not, rather than them properly checking te forms. Case in point, my mate's sister and her boyfriend wanted a new TV, carpet, sofa etc. to replace their old stuff. They head into the Job Centre pick up a form for a grant (can't remember the specific name right now), claim for everything on it, and get half of what they asked for (still more than they needed anyway).

My Mum who had just moved into a new property (from temporary housing I'll note) was asking for a cooker, carpets, and I think she needed curtains too. She was denied because, according to them, she hadn't moved from temporary housing to permanent accomodation.

How do people living in the same house for about 5 years get the benefit, but someone who actually meets all the criteria for it get palmed off and pretty much told that it's tough luck?

I'd also suggest cuts for MPs and less spending allowed. It's hard to claim to be trying to fix the countries budget when you're also taking rather large amounts away from said funds to line your own pockets with, especially when you also claim more money to fund stuff you should be funding yourself.

• Paid Members

No. No one has said cut all benefits. Just benefits for those who are too fuckin' lazy to work.

A great example: my step-brother had a friend who was kicked out of his home by his parents. He came to live with us at my dad's (and step-mum's) and was claiming "incapacity benefits" due to a bad back. Nearly every day, he would be on our trampoline. My step-mum being the Scottish-born hot-head she is, soon kicked him into shape and told him to get a job or leave. He left.

Come on guys haven't you watched a David Icke presentation? It's all an illusion ;)

All this is meant to stir people up. The fact is there is enough of everything to go around in the world for everyone. Those at the top never have to worry about not having enough, they aren't affected, it's a load of old poo!

Look at Cameron, he's not lived on benefits or been ill and struggled to have an effing clue! He was groomed for the job. The caps on foreign immigration is nonsense because our EU membership means we can't stop European immigrants coming here, only those outside of the union. Our politicians and the Queen are basically guilty of treason. A foreign power has control, we don't. Look it up folks.

Okay then so how would a "cap" on children be enforced?

One Child Policy, the Chinese tried it, time we should too IMO. Basically you are fined if you have more than one child if your circumstances do not allow you to have more than a single child.

The 4-2-1 problem they face would be less likely to happen here as most people will be working to their 70s by the time it has an effect.

Okay then so how would a "cap" on children be enforced?

It wouldn't.

What will actually happen is the Government will make noises about us all being in this together whilst cutting front line services and education funds instead of actually ensuring the wealthy pay their fair share of tax.

All the while they'll dupe the mindless morons of this country into believing that the unemployed or the immigrants are to blame.

Not so much a cap on children but a cap on benifits wouldt be a bad way to start .. tell me its right a man who earns say 30k a year is in no better off than a neighbour who dosent work and has his rent, council tax ect plus other benifits paid for him

What eally annoys me is when you see people on benifits at the post office and the first thing they buy is fags and a dozen scratchcards while their kids are begging if they can have sweets and the mum says no sory mummy cannot afford it .. people like that should have rent and utility bills deducted from benifits and whats left should be paid in food coupons that can only be used to buy food and not fags and drink :angry:

• Paid Members
Not so much a cap on children but a cap on benifits wouldt be a bad way to start .. tell me its right a man who earns say 30k a year is in no better off than a neighbour who dosent work and has his rent, council tax ect plus other benifits paid for him

What eally annoys me is when you see people on benifits at the post office and the first thing they buy is fags and a dozen scratchcards while their kids are begging if they can have sweets and the mum says no sory mummy cannot afford it .. people like that should have rent and utility bills deducted from benifits and whats left should be paid in food coupons that can only be used to buy food and not fags and drink :angry:

Part of this venting is good despite the obvious annoyance thrown at those on benefits (as not everyone on benefits is so through choice, but situation).

Namely, people on benefits should get things like free travel allowances (Locally I'm talking, for those living out of town), coupons for food (I'd expect all the major chains would dive at this one so it wouldn't be hard to find places taking the government up on it, and all local stores would likely do so too, and if they set it up to be able to be used to shop online at Tesco/ASDA etc. it would be fine for those in out of the way places).

Then perhaps

The problem isn't with the people, it's with the system.

Think of it this way.

A couple has two children and a house. At the moment, both are out of work.

They get their rent & council tax paid, and they get child benefit.

Three months later, the man has the chance of a job, which will pay him minimum wage for 40 hours per week.

If he accepts it, he is no longer eligible to have their council tax and rent paid, and both he and his wife will have their benefit money stopped.

That means he'll have to pay rent, council tax, and run a house that is a good

Pull troops out of afghanistan and bring our boys home .. this isnt our war and never was it was always about georg bush trying to finish the fight his father couldnt a decade earlier

Brilliant.

If you're going to repeat one-dimensional, tabloid, foreign policy orthodoxies at least get your facts right. If we're going to view it through your red-topped goggles, the Iraq war 'isn't our war and never was....(and) about George Bush trying to finish the fight his father couldn't a decade earlier'. The Afghan war, on the other hand, was at the time a universally accepted operation to destabilise a Taliban regime believe to be supporting Bin Laden's Al-Qaeda operations and running fairly robust terrorist training camps with strong links to Western (yes, even ING-ER-LISH) extremists.

On topic, I've got an idea to curb excessive profligacy, particularly aimed at Michael Gove. Instead of axing funding for the renovation and/or refurbishment of those of the 700 schools with valid cases, he could instead investigate the names of all the schools guilty of educating the people in this thread, and remove funding altogether.

Archived