Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Just started watching the Shane Douglas youshoot (as much as he's abit of a bell he actually seems fairly intelligent, speaks well and tells good stories) and the joke at the start with the pool absolutely slayed me :laugh: watched the Gary Hart guestbooker earlier, can't help but think these would be far better if they just talked about booking in general like they generally do at the start and skip the fantasy booking part. Gary Hart's great to listen to all the same and there were some class stories, did he ever do a more in depth shoot on his whole career?

• Paid Members

He did one for Feinstein. I love Gary Hart, but he came across as really out of touch when discussing anything that wasn't something he was involved in. Like he was to involved in the promotions he worked for/with to know about anything else and he was so out of it once he left he didnt have much of a clue about anything post 1990. He hates Sting because he changed his gimmick into the crow Sting. He seemed angry about it. "Shows you what kind of a man he is to walk around with long hair after being so colourful". Or something like that anyway. I remember it was a real trivial thing. His thing of "Heenan, Heyman and Cornette weren't in my league" was very fucking over the top. Every thing is open for opinion, but its arguable any manager was in Heenan's league, let alone better than him.Still though. Gary was awesome in his day so I cant help but respect him. And he was going to be apart of H2, he'll so always have my love.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

He did one for Feinstein. I love Gary Hart, but he came across as really out of touch when discussing anything that wasn't something he was involved in. Like he was to involved in the promotions he worked for/with to know about anything else and he was so out of it once he left he didnt have much of a clue about anything post 1990. He hates Sting because he changed his gimmick into the crow Sting. He seemed angry about it. "Shows you what kind of a man he is to walk around with long hair after being so colourful". Or something like that anyway. I remember it was a real trivial thing. His thing of "Heenan, Heyman and Cornette weren't in my league" was very fucking over the top. Every thing is open for opinion, but its arguable any manager was in Heenan's league, let alone better than him.Still though. Gary was awesome in his day so I cant help but respect him. And he was going to be apart of H2, he'll so always have my love.

Yeah saw that one, The sting hate was a strange one he more or less called him a lump of shit for taking on the crow thing, after WCW had made him as the painted super hero. I also claimed no one wanted to see it!?!?!

• Paid Members

What happened with Hart that he was pretty much finished in the major promotions at the age of 50, the likes of Dusty etc constantly bum him and they were all fawning over him on one of those 24/7 roundtables so i'm suprised he didn't really do anything significant in the business after 1990. Did he have his own demons? It wasn't like he wanted out of the business either as he was always trying to get shitty indys off the ground in Texas with the likes of Chris Adams up to the early 2000's. He wouldn't really fit in WWF/E I guess but they did have Ellering and i'm sure he would have been the type of guy who could have contributed in WCW or ECW, especially with some of the dodgy managers they had running around/

Edited by Maverick

• Paid Members

What happened with Hart that he was pretty much finished in the major promotions at the age of 50, the likes of Dusty etc constantly bum him and they were all fawning over him on one of those 24/7 roundtables so i'm suprised he didn't really do anything significant in the business after 1990. Did he have his own demons? It wasn't like he wanted out of the business either as he was always trying to get shitty indys off the ground in Texas with the likes of Chris Adams up to the early 2000's. He wouldn't really fit in WWF/E I guess but they did have Ellering and i'm sure he would have been the type of guy who could have contributed in WCW or ECW, especially with some of the dodgy managers they had running around/

He couldn't be arsed with it, according to Court Bauer. Bauer tried to get him a job in WWE a few times, but Hart was always against it.

What happened with Keller's attempt to move into video, Ian? He did that Russo/Ferrara one, and the Hardys one, but they were both about eight years ago and I don't remember any others. Did they just flop? Could tell he put a lot more money and work into them than Feinstein's shite.Did Meltzer ever do big interviews in the Observer the way you'd get those massive Torch Talks?

Edited by King Pitcos

Aye, Wade Keller, he knew his stuff. Interesting he said Doubya-Cee-Doubya's rating went up 4/10's of a point during Russo's 3 months with the book before he was sent home. All I remember from that period was the Steiner injury angle, that was quite well executed from Freakzilla to be fair to him.

• Paid Members

What happened with Keller's attempt to move into video, Ian? He did that Russo/Ferrara one, and the Hardys one, but they were both about eight years ago and I don't remember any others. Did they just flop? Could tell he put a lot more money and work into them than Feinstein's shite.

Big Vision Entertainment (who was behind Wrestling Society X and all those 3 quid wrestling DVDs you would see in HMV) put them out. Big Vision later went under owing people money when the arse fell out of the DVD market a few years ago. RVD worked with them on a Best of RVD TV DVD and subsiquently went on his website to tell people to get all the content on his website for free instead because the Big Vision people were crooks who weren't paying the people they were working with. An people actually tend to listen to a name like Rob Van Dam. Kevin Kleinrock (thumb chopping Rob Black's right hand man in XPW) was the bloke behind BVE and lost his house and all sorts when it went under. Which was sort of karma after all the fuckings they gave the people who worked with them.Big Vision lives on in 2013 via attempts to get funding via kickstarter for shite Lucha Libre shows. Last count it was currently at $2,000 of the $60,000 they are asking for with 9 days left. Asking for $60,000 to set up a promotion where the top stars are Adam Pearce and Homicide is mind boggling.

Did Meltzer ever do big interviews in the Observer the way you'd get those massive Torch Talks?

I dont think so. Only the ones on his website which are about 60 minutes each. Keller used to do 6 hour ones or something mad like that. Meltzer did do commentary for old wrestling tapes with Jim Cornette about a decade ago.. Edited by IANdrewDiceClay