Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Just watched the preview of Matt Strikers shoot. Looks a great shoot. I imagine he's got some good stories to tell.

It seems JBL had a few digs at him. I wonder how many guy's JBL made miserable with his "hazing"/"initiation" type BS.

• Paid Members

He's great when he's interested. He wasn't interested in Dutch Mantell (even saying on his forum he didn't think old Zeb was marketable enough), so that interview suffered. Dutch was great, but Oliver wasn't. On something involving someone he likes (like Kevin Sullivan or Kevin Nash) he's excellent. Overall he's really good. I do think he doesn't have a very good detector on what is or isn't completely played out, though. His DVDs are littered with stuff about the Montreal Screwjob or the Invasion or talking about Russo. Stuff that has been told so many times that its pointless discussion. I will never know why on a DVD about Sean Waltmans life discussing his childhood molestation and drug abuse he decided to end it with "do you think Montreal was a work?"

On the flip side, nobody can get more out of their subjects than he can. Kevin Sullivan wore a fucking dinner jacket when he got interviewed by him. He'd half got pilled up and fell asleep if Feinstein was interviewing him. And you only need to watch that fuckstick from Highspots interview with Terry Taylor (where he's decided to put himself on camera, Sean Oliver-esque) and the one Kayfabe Commentaries did at the same time with Taylor. The difference in energy, professionalism and line of questioning between the two DVDs was shocking.

Kevin Steen is probably the best shoot interviewer, though. The Young Bucks and Eddie Edwards DVDs were even class, and I was never a fan of either. The interviewees dont mind just chatting and he doesn't mind asking the hard questions. It really gets you inside the heads and suss out the mentality of wrestlers wanting to make it to WWE.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The Hall,Nash,Pac shoot is off

From rob feinsteins facebook

It's official our interview with Hall, Nash and Xpac will not be happening. As I noted yesterday on here I was not going to publicize that we were doing one until we shot it and it was in the bag. The other company that we worked with on the deal tweeted about it yesterday which led to our company having to plug it which I never wanted to do because with a interview that magnitude as you all know I like to tease it. Not because of the hype, but because there is always a small chance something could go wrong.

Well last night I got a phone call from one of the guys in the group who I get along with amazing and they told us that another guy wanted more money than what we agreed to. After talking with my partners on the deal there was no way we could do that and it would not have been fair to the other members of the group. We wanted all the guys to get paid equally. Two of the members even offered to give up their share so one guy could be happy. That was just one of the issues. The other issue is we needed them to sign some items but one of the guys did not want to do that either.

Keep in mind 6 weeks ago when we put this together it was a done deal. We booked the flights, hotel and a conference room all because of this interview and were working with a promoter who brought them in as well. We tried all night as I talked to one of the guys who was more than helpful to us and love him to death as one of the coolest guys in the business. I honestly have no ill feelings towards Hall, Nash, or Xpac. I love them all....Business is business and in wrestling there is a term "card subject to change" shit happens and it happened here last night. We are moving on and they are moving on. I will be working with Nash down the line and I see Xpac at HOH and I will be seeing Hall alot too. There is no heat at all and it is what it is.

Now honestly to me it's something that I personally wanted to do since I sat down with Hall and Nash in 06 and with Nash and Pac in 2011. I wanted all three together but there was no way to make a profit if we changed the deal around. Today for the first time I listened to a podcast that Scott just appeared on and he honestly talked all about half of my questions that I was going to ask. I guess this is a blessing in disguise because I can take the money and update our computer equipment which is what I am planning on doing this week to make our products better and get more stuff out quicker.

Surely Striker is better than Feinstein?

He's got to be. The only person I could imagine being worse than Feinstein is that No-Kayfabin guy.

That guy is the fucking drizzling shits. He conducted an interview which I say recently on YouTube that started "Sol uh. Long Pause. You did a shoot with KayFabe Commentries recently. Uh; errr. How did that go"? Talk about the perfect example of pop will eat itself.

Has Bruno Sammartino ever did a completely open shoot?