THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

I have a source very close to the daily's in London, and he tells me they were secretly planning coded mob style hits on Neil and Moo in the 'Mafia Scum Thread', and Neil decided to whack them all first, Don Corleone style. The suspension is merely a cover story - their bodies are lying in a canal in Wales.

• Paid Members
X will get your suspended. As will describing something using the word "Gatso".

I assume that includes doing it in a light hearted or joke based way, but would like some conformation.

• Paid Members
It means rather than going "He was arrested for rape" you go "He was arrested for Gatso'ing". That kind of thing.

Fair enough, so the doors still open for a gatso quip on a relevant news story or response in to a unfortunate choice of wording or play on words or other such thing

Because we're bored of seeing it and the "what is this Gatso thing?" questions afterwards.

Well fine but surely if everyone is bored of it and its unfunny and boring people will just stop saying it. Banning mentions of things is just pretty pedantic. Im also presuming when you say "were" you simply mean other mods?

Also, have no idea why the others were banned but it seems a lot are asking?

Iswear the UKFF is growing up too fast for me, what with all this PCC club and all the rest of it, something I have no idea about either.

If you want to know why the word 'Gatso' was banned, just do a search for it and see how many times it crops up, and how many threads it crops up in, you bunch of hi-larious Ian Hislops.

So? On the on topic forum there is often mention of why macho man and Vincent McMahon didn't get on and about the nails incident which leads to questions, would you ban that? Banning words or referencing certain things on a forum for reasons other than 'we' find it annoying is ridiculous.

And Ian hislop is hilarious, so thank you.