THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members
Wasn't it that there were two Icons but one of them was FG PMSL?

Not to my knowledge.

How I understand it is that he created an account as "The Icon" and started posting in a totally different way to get the endorsement of certain posters here, using his existing account to back his opinions up every now and again. When his favourite posters noticed him and made comments such as "The Icon's the best newcomer here" he placed them in his sig.

He got busted one day (probably speaking from the wrong account) so asked for his original account to be deleted. Neil duly did this, but then changed the name of The Icon to FGPMSL anyway.

There is a separate poster "Icon", but I don't think he's related to this in any way.

• Paid Members

I never saw your previous sig attempt, but I'll be one of the first to commend you on the current one as well as the avatar.

Rik Mayall is the man. Ever heard his voice over stuff from the game Hogs of War? Essentially a pig version of worms. Tremendous.

Edited by El Nicko Loco

• Paid Members
I never saw your previous sig attempt, but I'll be one of the first to commend you on the current one as well as the avatar.

It was a pic of the flaming bed with Rick and Vyvyan on either side, from the episode where they move into the new house and argue over the room, before Vyv sets fire to it and both shout "Neil, your bedroom's on fire!" Of course, I wittingly spelled "neil" with a lower case 'v' in order to marry the general Young Ones theme with a parody of the theory that our neil lives in a grotty bedsit. It was possibly the most pretentious thing I've done for ages.

And yes, Rik is a legend. As well as Rick, Richie Rich and Richard Richard, he breathed life into the wonderful Alan B'Stard, and forever won my heart with the wonderfully self-deprecating "Quad bike flashback!" remark during one of the later Bottom Lives.