Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave it a watch today.

I watched the dark match first and was very impressed with Xtreme Dean's offense and agility. But i don't like the baggy pants and name. These two worked very well together, Stixx is always a fun guy to watch and i'd like to see more from these two on future DG:UK events. If we ever do get a regular DG:UK promotion i hope these two are a part of it.

Kong/Scurll was a lot of fun.

Yoshino/Kid i couldn't get into to it, something was off here. I've seen better from Kid and obviously expected better from Yoshino.

Mochi/Yokosuka was a really good match, not as good as Yokosuka/Shingo 1 in 2009 which is the standard to compare these singles contests to but it was really good. Would like to see Mochi have another singles match this year but with Shingo this time.

Hulk/Do vs. Shingo/Yamato was a great tag team contest. Hulk did get lost at one point with Yamato right before the sprint finish but Yamato held it together. I like the fact that Shingo/Yamato were able to get heat from a crowd that hadn't been booing anybody on either of the 2009 or 2010 cards.

Haskins/Pac vs. Cima/DK was MOTN for me. A great contest, all four guys brought their game to this match.

I really hope the October shows in Mark's sig are DG:UK III, i'll be there for sure if it is.

• Paid Members

Well this might be of interest to anybody, but as i seem to be still awaiting my DVD, I thought id re-watch the first Dragongate Invasion Event!

Dragon Gate: UK Invasion (1)

Kicking us off is: Stixx Vs Lion Kid in the dark match. From what i recall this was the debut of the Lion Kid Gimmick, and i think alot of people may of looked at it and thought "What the hell?". But in all fairness the guy behind the mask ,(and although i know many know who it is........i'll leave him nameless), took this ball and ran with it. Great movements, (all the roars, hand/claw movements etc), great music and an awesome matching entrance video of him in the woods, playing up the animal gimmick. Going into this i also hadnt seen that much of Stixx since his stuff in the old FWA, and boy was i suprised at how awesome he was. I'll be totally Honest and say Stixx may of "pointed kid in the right direction" throughout the match, but the lion kid also proved himself by showing his great physical ability and general overall skill through-out the match. Again Stixx may of put him over a little bit, but a great showing for Lion Kid, and looking back, the start of what seems to have become a very successful wrestler on the wrestling Circuit. Stixx has since gone on to become a favourite of mine, and i cant say enough good thing about him, so if you ever get the chance, go to a show he is on. Kid takes the win in the end, with Stixx giving us a "nice message" afterwards

Moving on now to: Jonny Storm & Marty Scurll Vs Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito (Real Hazard). I went into this knowing nothing about dragongate. I'll be totally honest in saying i went to the show in one of those , "it looks good.........so i'll check it out", moments which in turn ended introducing me to a whole new level of wrestling. Team Hazard play up the heel role so well, and Saito especially impressed me. Of course we all know Jonny storm here in the UK, and of course he gavce us his 110% and gave a great showing also. Although for me this was Martys night. Again i hadent seen alot of him outside of a match with Sabre Jnr on the previous FWA show earlier in the year. Scurll showed me personally the skill and overall resilliance as a wrestler that night, taking some huge moves in the process. Again Scurll showing he's not just all about the comedy, it even looked as if he got really into the heat of things with Saito at one point, only to have Saito punish him with some thunderous chops. Real hazard get the win after a 2 low-blows from Saito to steal the win from Scurll.

Mark Haskins Vs Kagetora up now, and once more i had only seen Haskins on the aforementioned FWA show earlier in the year. Kagetora impressed me very much with some very awesome moves that i wasnt expecting from a man of his size. Haskins shows a bucket load of talent by not only keeping up with Kagetora, but still being 10000% heel in the process. Once again some Fantastic stuff from haskins, (And might i add a picture perfect Shooting Star Press that i didnt expect!), and a huge win for Haskins also Following a Cradle Tombstone.

Yoshino Vs Dragon Kid up now, and this was the match i was most looking forward to as the only guy i did know from DG was Dragonkid. I didnt really know much about Yoshino, but his nickname is "Speedstar". The reason for that being he is VERY FAST in the ring. From what i ve seen of there other matches, this is a bit more slower paced, but once more, some great showings from both. Kid gets his various cracking maneuvers in, as well as a huge Top rope dropkick from Yoshino. Kid gets the win after various roll up reversals.

Shingo Vs Yokosuka . What can you say about this match that will do it justice? Not much, other than if you havent seen it........do so.......NOW. Again, on the night i didnt have much clue about most of the guys from DG, and when these guys came out, i would have no idea what an awesome match i was about to see. It starts very slowly, only to build into a huge Move Trade-off between the two. Shingo hits a super sweet Death Vally Driver, whilst Yokosuka fires back with a top rope T-bone Release Suplex. After a little while, it comes down to a straight up Fore-arm-A-thon between the two. Shingo Gets the upper hand, making Yokosuka fall to his feet. After bringing him back up, Yokosuka take the forearms and just walks through them until he reaches Shingo. in doing do Yokosuka, fires back with some huge Fore-arm / Clotheline combos, which eventually leads to Suka Clotheslining Shingo out of his boots. Once again it slightly turns tables as not only does shingo fire back.....but he square on punches Yokosuka in the face. It all comes down to Yokosuka hitting a mean looking lariat/clothesline, to take shingo down for the 3. (Later we heard shingo had the flu before the event, and was still very very bad before that match. But he just sucked it up and did that match.......WOW.)

Main event time with World 1 (Pac, BxB Hulk & Naruki Doi) Vs Warriors / Team USA (Cima & The Young Buck [Or Generation ME]) . This is Dragongates match. This is the match they put on to wow the crowds, and boy did it deliver. There was that much action, there is not alot i can say that can really puts this match to rights. PAC greats a great showing here coming straight out with a standing Shooting star, (Later following it up with a corkscrew press from off the back of BxB), only to be distracted by cima and the "CIMA International Press Up Challenge

• Paid Members
Sorry if it's already been mentioned but the dates 21/10 and 22/10 in Marks sig have not gone unnoticed. I think i may be booking those dates off work just on the off chance something interesting might be happening. Invasion 3 has a nice ring to it I think.

I am not sure what you are talking about ;) but in the case of the bold statement above - You'd be a wise man.

If I ever go gay, it will be for Mark. :wub:

• Paid Members

Mine turned up in the post........on sunday. Not sure about that one, but bar that i watched it and its awesome!

I know others have allready said it but: The DVD menus this year are amazing! The little recap vid for night 1, and all the intro vids are awesome also. I really liked the addition of the "Name bars" that popped up with name/stable etc, but not only that but that person DG:UK win/loss record also!

Bar that the footage is amazing, (really clear!), and all the matches are as good as i remeber them. (Watched both tag matches back, and wow...just wow!).

Mega thank you Mr Sloan, i think i'll be buying night 1 when its ready (so i'll keep my eyes peeled!), and of course i might have to book those dates off work....just in case ;).

Thanks again,

Bowyo T

Night 1 is still in production dude, im sure mark will post about this also. So you'll have to wait a whiel for night one!

Thanks very much for the info. Shame though, i was hoping to watch them in night order but i guess i'll just watch night 2 today, cant wait any longer, ha.

• Paid Members
Night 1 is still in production dude, im sure mark will post about this also. So you'll have to wait a whiel for night one!

Thanks very much for the info. Shame though, i was hoping to watch them in night order but i guess i'll just watch night 2 today, cant wait any longer, ha.

no worries, if you go back a fair few pages you'll see what the fuss is about, but sadly it looks to be a few more weeks. When it comes out i think i'll be buying it also!

:thumbsup:

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but the dates 21/10 and 22/10 in Marks sig have not gone unnoticed. I think i may be booking those dates off work just on the off chance something interesting might be happening. Invasion 3 has a nice ring to it I think.

I am not sure what you are talking about ;) but in the case of the bold statement above - You'd be a wise man.

have booked them off as well today hope its a wise decision

have booked them off as well today hope its a wise decision

You know it will be :)

Apart from some of the RQW DVD released I would say this must had been the best produced "British Wrestling" DVD so to speak. Footage looks fantastic, would love to see the full HD version sometime in the future. The one thing I didnt like about the past a-merch releases was that the menus always looked very amature. Very professional looking now, can't complain!

Nice bunch of extras too, looking forward to watching them on a rainy day :D

Archived