Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So due to the recent activity in this thread and the thought of getting Night 1 sometime soon, I ended up taking a break from NOAH today and blitzed through seven Infinity's. Here's some random thoughts:

-The NARUKI.... DOI chants have hit Japan and it is fantastic.

-PAC vs Ricochet is going to be the rivalry of 2011 and hopefully beyond. Really loved the tag match they had on 209 and the singles match on 211 was out of this world crazy.

-Dragon Gate has far and away the best tag team division in wrestling today. Mochizuki/Fuji vs Saito/Horiguchi was amazing.

-The unveiling of Blood Warriors was great and the faction warfare that has since started is moving along nicely.

-KAGETORA is the most underrated and underappreciated member on the DG roster. I hope we get to see him in the UK again soon.... Hint hint.

-Masaaki Mochizuki had a career resurgence in 2010 and it's paying off in spades this year. Really can't wait for the April shows.

-While you could watch DG without Shingo, when he returned, his absence was suddenly really noticible and it's fantastic that he's back.

And the last Infinity advertised that next weeks Infinity was to be a UK Invasion 2 special!

I also had a crazy thought about what I need to see when Dragon Gate comes back to England....

Shingo vs Yokosuka III - And this time it needs to be the main event!

CIMA, Dragon Kid & Ricochet vs PAC, Mark Haskins & Marty Scurll - CIMA and PAC have faced each other on every single DG UK show to date. You could bring the PAC/Ricochet rivalry to these shores. You get the classic DG 6 man with a very UK flavour and because it's not the main event, you don't get any negative feelings like people did with Blood Warriors vs Ronin as the DG USA Wrestlemania weekend 6 man main event. Also Scurll has more than earned his place here in my eyes.

Akira Tozawa vs Martin Kirby - Because it would be the BEST opening match EVER.

Just food for thought....

-Dragon Gate has far and away the best tag team division in wrestling today. Mochizuki/Fuji vs Saito/Horiguchi was amazing.

this times 10000!

Honestly my fave DG match of all time. MOTY, 5 Stars etc etc.

Maybe Dragon Gate downloaded it off XWT. Surley thats the only possible way!?

Akira Tozawa vs Martin Kirby

This match sounds brilliant. I love Akira Tozawa in PWG he's had some steller matches with Kevin Steen and Chris Hero, I for one would be dissapointed not to see him on the next Dragon Gate tour.

Aw crap, please don't tell me I've cocked up the chances of another tour???

Well DG and the TV station are two seperate companies. They have never recieved the footage, the TV station set a deal (we were supposed to be getting many extras for the Shingo v Yokosuka 2 dvd. Took about 3 months to send it, arrived it was incompatable and the sound was wrecked, we spent hundreds of pounds, countless hours fixing it for them to decide they wanted to go back on the deal. I have the footage from the TV station sat on my desk. They didn't get the footage from me.

So if they air anything from the show then I will be very interested in seeing it and where it came from. DG have complimentary copies of the DVD which I sent them of course. So the whole senario will need looking at. But we'll see it may just be the footage the shot around the shows.

done some more investigating. It seems the March 4th Osaka show ended up on Infinity 212 and not the UK stuff. Like I suggested earlier there may have been clips of the lads in Tesco and what not, but as far as matches it was all stuff from Osaka.

Archived