Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the full show and all the extras.

The event looks INCREDIBLE, lighting, camera and picture quality wise.

Loved the "Last night...." opening (basically the night 1 trailer but it was still great to see).

Thought the little video packages for each wrestler before the matches, along with the DG PPV match change music, were fantastic and such a nice idea.

Also loved the graphic box as each wrestler was announced.

My only negative feedback was that the crowd chanting HAGE at Hulk and his reaction was cut off to have the Kamikaze music overdubbed on their entrance. I can see why it was done for the DVD viewer, but for the live experience I loved that little moment and wanted to re-see it :( Maybe a "blooper" reel on the DVD next time? :p

One little thing I would have appreciated to really put the presentation into another level would be using the same graphic boxes at the end of the match to give the X and O, time and potentially move used...... I also love seeing them in Japanese wrestling.

And just little inconsequential things for extras like potentially filming the DG crew backstage and in England. Y'know stuff that if wasn't there, you wouldn't miss at all, but would just be such a great surprise to see the DG guys experience England and hear their broken English about wrestling in Europe and the fan responses and the like.

Watched the full show and all the extras.

The event looks INCREDIBLE, lighting, camera and picture quality wise.

Loved the "Last night...." opening (basically the night 1 trailer but it was still great to see).

Thought the little video packages for each wrestler before the matches, along with the DG PPV match change music, were fantastic and such a nice idea.

Also loved the graphic box as each wrestler was announced.

My only negative feedback was that the crowd chanting HAGE at Hulk and his reaction was cut off to have the Kamikaze music overdubbed on their entrance. I can see why it was done for the DVD viewer, but for the live experience I loved that little moment and wanted to re-see it :( Maybe a "blooper" reel on the DVD next time? :p

I loved it too, but the DVD sales way surpass the number in attendance and what can I say, "Windows" get enough publicity as it is :)

One little thing I would have appreciated to really put the presentation into another level would be using the same graphic boxes at the end of the match to give the X and O, time and potentially move used...... I also love seeing them in Japanese wrestling.

Noted, we did winners tags on 2009 DVD but opted without for this one.

And just little inconsequential things for extras like potentially filming the DG crew backstage and in England. Y'know stuff that if wasn't there, you wouldn't miss at all, but would just be such a great surprise to see the DG guys experience England and hear their broken English about wrestling in Europe and the fan responses and the like.

Truthfully, a honest answer, as much as it would be cool, it is a blast on what little I see over the course of these weekends, It would be a great idea, but I do not know the line which they draw on outside the ring / infront of camera goings on, so I steer clear to make sure there is no misunderstandings. I would not jepordise our great relationship with something that could be seen in a negitive light.

Notes in bold above.

I am glad you liked it and enjoyed the production aspect of it, we were very proud of the DVD. Personally I didn't get where I wanted to get to with the final picture quality, watching it in actual HD on our work station is incredible but there is only so much you can fit on a DVD, we bit the bullet and paid for a double DVD in the end hence the before xmas ending up to being mid Jan, as we upped the quality again. We looked into Blue Ray but it is still expensive and has a very low market share right now.

That's completely understandable. Like I said, if it wasn't there you wouldn't miss it, I mainly got the idea from the pictures taken that ended up in the Japanese newspaper that was posted a while back.... Seemed like they genuinely love coming over here, so would've been a little something to show that.

But as a WRESTLING DVD, the show looks incredibly, the editing was really well done, some great looking match pics at the start of the DVD that was done better than the 09 DVD, gorgeous little video packages, and a great DVD to just sit down, relax and enjoy two hours of great wrestling. Even the credits page with the night highlights looked great.

There's no real negatives, and not much else you can throw on the DVD that might not end up taking time and focus away from the show. I would say some promo's from the UK guys, but without having to build up and establish a roster and on-going promotion with angles and continuity, you don't need to see Marty Scurll cut a promo to hype a one off match, you just need to watch the match and enjoy because he certainly did enough to get his character over before the match even started.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but the dates 21/10 and 22/10 in Marks sig have not gone unnoticed. I think i may be booking those dates off work just on the off chance something interesting might be happening. Invasion 3 has a nice ring to it I think.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but the dates 21/10 and 22/10 in Marks sig have not gone unnoticed. I think i may be booking those dates off work just on the off chance something interesting might be happening. Invasion 3 has a nice ring to it I think.

I am not sure what you are talking about ;) but in the case of the bold statement above - You'd be a wise man.

• Paid Members

Just had time to watch the first two matches. Good matches and really nice production, you've really outdone youself Mark.

The only tiny thing was that I didn't turn the optional commentary on for more than about two seconds at a time ($tew provides it, but it's not turned on by default) as it was a bit muffled - not so you couldn't hear it or anything, but just that it was obviously added later in a studio. Such is the problem with occasional shows like this, a live commentary set-up is costly for limited use, I imagine.

Still, thumbs way up so far, and the best is clearly yet to come...

I practically caught it coming through the letter box and threw it straight in the ps3 (which im glad to say this disc works on this time).

*I too was upset to miss the H-A-G-E moment but small details

*Kong displays shockingly good english if you listen out for it

*Nice extras, particularly the PAC vs Haskins match from IPW:UK Sittingbourne Spectacular

*I too liked the mini-vids before each wrestler, was a nice touch

Cant wait for Night 1 to come through, I will be looking to confirm my choices of Night 2 being the better show but Shingo vs Yokosuka II being match of the weekend.

Archived