Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

Apart from some of the RQW DVD released I would say this must had been the best produced "British Wrestling" DVD so to speak. Footage looks fantastic, would love to see the full HD version sometime in the future. The one thing I didnt like about the past a-merch releases was that the menus always looked very amature. Very professional looking now, can't complain!

Nice bunch of extras too, looking forward to watching them on a rainy day :D

:angry:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apart from some of the RQW DVD released I would say this must had been the best produced "British Wrestling" DVD so to speak. Footage looks fantastic, would love to see the full HD version sometime in the future. The one thing I didnt like about the past a-merch releases was that the menus always looked very amature. Very professional looking now, can't complain!

:p

• Paid Members

Might not sounds very good, but the menu for the last dragon gate dvd was a bit amature, but its been blown away with this release mark! :thumbsup:

Might not sounds very good, but the menu for the last dragon gate dvd was a bit amature, but its been blown away with this release mark! :thumbsup:

I'll prepare special retro menus for your Night 1 releases then, seeing you both have such fond memories.

• Paid Members

I'll prepare special retro menus for your Night 1 releases then, seeing you both have such fond memories.

Lol if you must, all im saying is regardless the style/production value has improved ten-fold since the last dvd. I understand it may not of been possible last time around to get the complete big league values you guys very much deserve, although again this time around again your amazing menus/general production has made that sort of thing a distant memory, and shows that a-merch is indeed a big league, if not the big league in the uk. :thumbsup:

So the DVD was absolutely amazing. In a year where I've been really frustrated by production issues in alot of the pro wrestling I watch, this DVD showed everyone how it's done. The video quality was A+, the audio was A+, the lighting was A+, the graphics and pre-match interludes with the little audio clip they use in Japan was A++++++, the Dragon Storm package running down the matches before the show was A++++++++++++ and the DVD artwork itself was awesome too.

A stellar job done by Mark and his crew.

Now onto the matches:

-The Cyber/Scurll and LK/Yoshino matches were exactly as I remembered them live. Nice, simple, fun and easy to watch.

-Mochizuki/Susumu was fucking awesome, although I've changed my live opinion that it was the match of the night. In retrospect I think I'd have it behind both the tags.

-KAMIKAZE vs. World-1. Incredible. Every bit as good as I remembered. All the hard hitting (and there was plenty) translated perfectly to tape. Between that and the awesome camera work, you really felt like you were watching it live in person again.

-PAC/Haskins vs. Warriors. One of the most feel good matches of last year for me. Awesome stuff, and probably better than I remembered. The warmth and fun of the post match came across on DVD, and it was really awesome to relive (and you can see how happy I was at the time, as I get the camera devoted to me and my giant smile for a brief moment during it, haha).

I guess all that's left to say is bring on Night 1!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Extra on night 2.

While I'm here, any update on the ETA for night 1 Mark?

Yeah, it's finally starting to come together, footage is all repaired as much as possible. Just got to put it together with all the post production, add the extras, and send to manufacture. I have watched most of the show and it was a cracking show which depresses me when I think about the lost footage!

I saw the finished version of the Lion Kid v Mark Haskins match today, and boy is it different to how people remember it, Lion Kid boo'd out the building? Uh huh, the audio and editing is completely untouched, and proves exactly what I said afterwards, two of three audiable people heckling for the sake of it, but just ruining the general atmosphere for seemingly no reason, what a shame! But it is what it is.

We have also found the extremely loud guy who was making all the annoying chants and one people were telling to shut the fruit up!

Mark, to clarify - when you say "missing footage", do you mean missing footage from certain cameras or missing footage all together? I would have thought the hard camera got everything, no?

I wrote before, but i don't mind explaining again

Leaders v All Stars - Complete 3 Camera Edit

Joey Hayes v Cyber Kong - Hard Camera only

Lion Kid v Mark Haskins - first half Hard Camera Only, 2nd half Complete 3 Camera Edit

Shingo v Yokosuka - Hard Cam & 1 Ringside Camera 90%, Hard Cam last 3 minutes

Doi v Yamato - Complete 3 Camera Edit

6 Man Tag - Complete 3 Camera Edit

We've done as much as humanly possible. We got absolutely betrayed in regards to the rest of the footage. So this is how the final release will look

Archived