Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Managed to watch the Shingo/Yokosuka dvd this morning, and its cracking.

The LDRS / All Stars Match was fantastic, that was the first time i had seen the allstars, and i was blown away by how good they were. As for the missing footage/quality of the dvd, I must say well done mark as for the most part its a great DVD. I would actually only be able to tell the footage was missing from what i had read previously, meaning that if i hadent been on here........i doubt anybody could really tell. I'll do a full review another time, but also Shingo/Yokosuka 2 was jsut fantastic. Sadly i didnt get to go to night one, but i got really sucked into the match and the final moments. Great stuff from Dragongate and A-Merch!

Am Yet to check out the Haskins DVD, But i'm sure It's great! Thanks for that also A-Merch!

Recieved the DVD and not being at the show, have been waiting with high expectations for it and have not been dissapionted.

The 6 man match was off the charts, so many amazing more, double and triple team moves. fantastic!!!!

Here's hoping Marks October events are the return of DG:UK

• Paid Members

Just took my opportunity to watch the Night One DVD. No scope for marking-out for the self-spot unlike Night Two - I'm all over THAT bad boy - but the action of course is what matters, and it delivers in spades.

Kong's murder of Joey - job done, fun. Nice mention of the Manchester Massive on commentary. I miss Donna...

Haskins vs Lion Kid held up better on DVD than I had remembered, obviously not the first to say that. Strange as it sounds, I still really want to boo Haskins! On another night in another town, perhaps he would have chance to heel it up a little and Wade Kid play spunky underdog, not to be. Another good match which accomplished what it set out to.

Yokosuka v Shingo is excellent even if it can't live up to the impossible standard of the first match (which I think had a good dose of surprise element in terms of how hard-hitting it became) and also a slight lack of suspense as it was clear Shingo would "get his win back." Doi vs YAMATO is another cracker and both are rounded off by great finishing sequences.

The closing six-man as mentioned is superb. The blueprint is followed for the Dragon Gate Six Man to a tee with some wild multi-man spots and the finish is incredibly satisfying, Pac producing the Flaming Star Press, which caused me to nearly burst.

Cracking show, and my mate that I dragged along despite only ever having seen WWE and 1PW thoroughly enjoyed it and was really looking forward to the matches when I told him the card for Night Two, possibly one of the biggest compliments you can pay to "convert" someone not usually a fan of DG/Lucharesu. I bought him the Oxford show DVD at intermission as a belated birthday present, which went over very well.

Great watch, brought back good memories of a cracking weekend.

What was the bonus material on the DVDs?

The Bonus material on the event DVD was the Bonus Match from the show. The extras people got were the unreleased 7 match DVD of Mark Haskins in Japan. Which featured some of his matches from the Dragon Gate tag team tournament last August, none of which were shown on TV.

Was the PAC and Haskins vs Susumu Yokosuka & K-ness match from 8th August taped to your knowledge Mark? That was the only other match from summer tag league tournament that hasn't surfaced up to now involiving Haskins that I'd love to see. I remember when you posted Haskins' schedule and someone commented at how good that match looked, you gave a vague reply hinting that the match may surface at some point. I assume this DVD was the what you were talking about. I'm really pleased with this DVD, so this is just a question rather than a complaint.

Was the PAC and Haskins vs Susumu Yokosuka & K-ness match from 8th August taped to your knowledge Mark? That was the only other match from summer tag league tournament that hasn't surfaced up to now involiving Haskins that I'd love to see. I remember when you posted Haskins' schedule and someone commented at how good that match looked, you gave a vague reply hinting that the match may surface at some point. I assume this DVD was the what you were talking about. I'm really pleased with this DVD, so this is just a question rather than a complaint.

It was recorded. I think MH said he wasn't particulary happy with the footage, hence not being on the dvd. But I see your avatar, I see your signature, I see what I can do.

I think I was that someone who commented how good that match could be seen as K-NeSuka were the then Twin Gate Champions and one of the best tag teams in the world. So I wouldn't mind seeing that match as well....

Was their match against Speed Muscle taped as well? *flashes sig*..... Worth a shot at least!

I thought it was you who said it but I wasn't sure.

I wan on holiday in Japan when the Yokosuka/K-ness and Yoshino/Doi matches were on and I looked in to both shows, but the Korakuen in Tokyo was much easier to get to than Ichinoseki and Toyama so I went to that show instead.

I've never regretted it: Jinsei Shinzaki, a newly bald BxB Hulk trying a new persona, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi pulling faces, cheering on Haskins and PAC against Kagetora and Cyber Kong, plus one of my favourite ever live matches in Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fujii vs Shingo Takagi & YAMATO. But I have always wondered how the other Haskins/PAC matches turned out.

It was recorded. I think MH said he wasn't particulary happy with the footage, hence not being on the dvd. But I see your avatar, I see your signature, I see what I can do.

It's amazing what an Avatar and Sig can get you these days.....

When's he sleeping with your sister? :p

My DVD's came on Saturday and up to now I haven't had a chance to watch them but I will get round to it very soon. Very good of you Mark to chuck in the extra DVD too.....hat is off sir!

It's amazing what an Avatar and Sig can get you these days.....

When's he sleeping with your sister? :p

My DVD's came on Saturday and up to now I haven't had a chance to watch them but I will get round to it very soon. Very good of you Mark to chuck in the extra DVD too.....hat is off sir!

I don't have a sister, if you are talking about his sister then I don't know...........

I hope you enjoy the discs.

Archived