Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

Kong/Hayes was like watching the best quality hand held footage ever and really makes you feel like you're there in the terraces.

What is annoying is despite alot and I mean alot of effort trying to get near to the quality from the camera. The final product I reckon is about 60% as sharp and crisp as the original footage. It is beautiful to watch in full HD, we're making a step closer ever show to getting the best product that we can master out to you guys.

If you have watched the first 3 matches they are the only ones to miss camera footage, the full 3 camera footage is there for the last 2 matches and the bonus match!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Shingo vs Yokosuka.......... Damn that was a hell of a match. I loved it live and loved it just as much getting to rewatch it.

Incredible crowd help make those matches special. What was really something cool as well. is the final 3 matches, on all 3 previous events have got a standing ovation at the end, and not one of the forced style "ah everybody else is so I may aswell" like a genuine feeling of seeing a great moment live.

Just watched the bonus match and the first three matches.

LDR's vs All Stars holds up and is a great start to their rivalry. Kong/Hayes was like watching the best quality hand held footage ever and really makes you feel like you're there in the terraces. Haskins/Lion Kid was a very good match and that epic Jnr heavyweight style DG match they were going for comes across a lot better on the DVD, although the "in the bin" chants are incredibly outdated now and the random comments just seem even more childish.

And Shingo vs Yokosuka.......... Damn that was a hell of a match. I loved it live and loved it just as much getting to rewatch it.

That video made headline news like 2 days before the show. I found it quite comical and I'm sure most people did. I dont think it was done In despite of Lion Kid just simply having a laugh. What's wrong with random 'humorous' comments? I think it all adds to the atmosphere. There's nothing worse than a quiet audience doing *clap, clap, clap* when they jizz over a reverse 450.

I'm pretty certain of who these 3 people are because they clearly mark out over everything across the DVD, looks awesome on camera I thought? The only thing I would really note from those guys are the "fuck you CIMA" chants but that was after CIMA was doing heelish antics. It's not as if they went out of their way to try and offend CIMA or anybody.

Honestly I didn't notice the load boooos towards Lion Kid, guess I was too into the match? But if that was continues then yes that's annoying. Not as annoying as Shingo fan from Night 2 even though he tickled me at first.

I'm pretty certain of who these 3 people are because they clearly mark out over everything across the DVD, looks awesome on camera I thought? The only thing I would really note from those guys are the "fuck you CIMA" chants but that was after CIMA was doing heelish antics. It's not as if they went out of their way to try and offend CIMA or anybody.

Not the same 3 I was refering to, but the **** you CIMA chants were unacceptable, I wasn't aware of them until after the show.

Honestly I didn't notice the load boooos towards Lion Kid,

That's because they weren't there, that is what was being debated.

What's wrong with random 'humorous' comments? I think it all adds to the atmosphere. There's nothing worse than a quiet audience doing *clap, clap, clap* when they jizz over a reverse 450.

It's quite simple. Occassional is fun, constant, and the same thing over and over is annoying. It annoyed alot of people and alot of complaints were made afterwards, if you don't mind no problem. I tend to agree it spoilt an otherwise great atmosphere. Night 2 a few of said people were missing, atmosphere was - X10

Not as annoying as Shingo fan from Night 2 even though he tickled me at first.

Yeah, he got spoken to after the interval. All of that party were absolutely wasted. The female was very abusive to the securtiy who was them to stop standing on the chairs in case they fall off. They may not care but that would create quite an incident.

• Paid Members

I'm probably going to sound like a pretentious cunt here, but I hate any kind of shouting or attempting to start a chant in the "funny" genre, with very few exceptions, because its bell ends trying to get everyone to laugh at them. It's not about you, moron. Support the action, enjoy it, don't try and be the centre of attention.

There are very few exceptions, although it might be fair to suggest the singing of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" in St Ives was enjoyable and didnt detract from the action at that point. Shouting random crap to try and get other berks to laugh at you over and over and over, really does.

Received my DVDs today. Absolutely made up with the extra DVD, which I was not expecting at all. Between these and the WXW 16 Carat Gold DVDs that arrived today I have a great weekend ahead of me. I almost wish I wasn't going out tonight

You? Go Out?

Mine hasn't come. :(

Considering my postman is the same as Tysons that's a right bumfuck.

Maybe the postman couldn't bring your DVDs as his hands were too full with all the DVDs he was bringing me!!

Just about to start Shongo v Yokosuka 2 now. Despite having night 2 for ages, I've not watched it as I prefer to see the shows in order. These should keep me going this week and before I know it it'll be time for NOAH!

I'm probably going to sound like a pretentious cunt here, but I hate any kind of shouting or attempting to start a chant in the "funny" genre, with very few exceptions, because its bell ends trying to get everyone to laugh at them. It's not about you, moron. Support the action, enjoy it, don't try and be the centre of attention.

There are very few exceptions, although it might be fair to suggest the singing of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" in St Ives was enjoyable and didnt detract from the action at that point. Shouting random crap to try and get other berks to laugh at you over and over and over, really does.

This is probably the most acurate post in terms of my own thoughts. If it is to heighten the atmosphere then I am all for it. too many people (not specifically these shows but in general, shout and chant to get attention to them.

For these people - The show isn't about you, as far as people's attention. It is about you as having a great time. So these kind of people need to understand that the show is to try to be catered towards everybody having a great time, with the attention on everybody having a great time. If people are trying to hijack this, trying to make the show about them, it's not cool.

I think that'll be me out on this subject, I have probably said to much. However "Air_Raid" are you going to any of the Noah events?

• Paid Members
However "Air_Raid" are you going to any of the Noah events?

Both, as I did European Navigation and all three Dragon Gate shows.

However "Air_Raid" are you going to any of the Noah events?

Both, as I did European Navigation and all three Dragon Gate shows.

Going to the meet and greets? If so did you get a meet & greet pack?

• Paid Members

This time I just went for the show tickets as I've the weekends travel/accomodation (and a mate's wedding in between) and only a couple of months to scrimp and save for the G1 Climax trip... bugger.

This time I just went for the show tickets as I've the weekends travel/accomodation (and a mate's wedding in between) and only a couple of months to scrimp and save for the G1 Climax trip... bugger.

Great post above! Shoot me an email over mark@amerchandise.co.uk and i'll square you up a couple of tickets to both meet and greets.

I'm really glad to hear that any seriously annoying twats will be asked so calm down or leave.

It was the only (really, really, incredibly small) down point about the last 2 DragonGate shows. Even writing that makes me sound like a miser,as the shows were amazing, but as someone sat just in front of a bunch of cocks who were trying to start "F**K Japan" type chants, it's good to know they'll be booted out and given taxi money home to just sod off and stop messing with the show.

I barely follow NOAH, but I know what i like and I know Sloan's shows run to time and usually rule. Two second row tickets to Broxbourne and it can't come soon enough! I'd travel to the other show if I wasn't a poxy skint student at the moment!

• Paid Members
Great post above! Shoot me an email over mark@amerchandise.co.uk and i'll square you up a couple of tickets to both meet and greets.

Top man, cheers very much, sent. :cool:

Although you only need send me one for each, I'm making this particular trek sans woman or accomplice for once.

Just watched the bonus match and the first three matches.

LDR's vs All Stars holds up and is a great start to their rivalry. Kong/Hayes was like watching the best quality hand held footage ever and really makes you feel like you're there in the terraces. Haskins/Lion Kid was a very good match and that epic Jnr heavyweight style DG match they were going for comes across a lot better on the DVD, although the "in the bin" chants are incredibly outdated now and the random comments just seem even more childish.

That video made headline news like 2 days before the show. I found it quite comical and I'm sure most people did. I dont think it was done In despite of Lion Kid just simply having a laugh. What's wrong with random 'humorous' comments? I think it all adds to the atmosphere. There's nothing worse than a quiet audience doing *clap, clap, clap* when they jizz over a reverse 450.

See, it was funny and relevant then. The worst thing about the delay with this taking so long to come out and that story long forgotten, people are gonna wonder what the heck that was about unless they were there. This will especially be noticible for any international markets. But like I said, on the night it was a laugh...

In regards to just the random garbage that was spewed out, air raid nailed in on the head perfectly so I may as well leave it with him. The thing that made the "f u CIMA" lot so bad it that they were loud and obnoxious.. For no reason. Chanting "you're Mike Awesome" during Shingo/Yokosuka? Getting into a YAMATO/Doi shouting match that didn't go with the rest of the audience? The F U CIMA chants *three* times when the rest of the crowd didn't want anything to do with it on the first attempt?

I hope they had fun, but the poor guy sat next to them looked depressed at the start of the main event. I'm not singling out that group, but seen as you mentioned them....

And sorry quiet audience clapping and only jizzing over BIG moves? So the crowd wasn't clapping to fire up the competitors, clapping and applauding and showing respect for the matches as they panned out, respecting both guys with duelling chants and shouts of encouragement for their chosen wrestler?

Yeah, take out the obnoxious chants and comments and you had a really dead crowd by the sounds of what you just said..... Just clapping and jizzing over all those 450's we got all night long.

Sorry if this seems like a rant and I've taken what you said the wrong way, but that's how it came across to me.....

ANYWAYS

Finished the rest of the DVD.

Doi/YAMATO was a lot better than what I remembered. Well, I appreciated it more watching it back on DVD I should say. Out of the big 6 matches over the weekend, this could still be seen as the least of them, but it's at least on par with the Dragon Kid/Yoshino match from the first DG UK show.

And the 6-man was absolutely INCREDIBLE! Better than the year before 6-man and probablu DG UK's best main event to date.

Also forgot to mention that the vid quality is on equal to Night 2 so it is absolutely stunning, and the sound is great as well. I barely had to turn my TV up to be able to hear everything clear as day and really make you feel like you were there - Plus I heard myself marking out waaaaaay too much.

The great wrestler specific vid packages that they did for Night 2 returned, but seen as a lot of the footage was Night 2, I'm not sure if it's the exact same ones.

This DVD contains DG UK's best match to date in Shingo vs Yokosuka II and DG UK's best main event to date in the 6-man. So if you haven't got it, get it. You'll even be able to live with the first match and a half being hardcam only.

Definitely made me even more excited to be back in Broxbourne in under a week from now for NOAH, if that was even possible....

Archived