Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I didn’t expect much out of Baroni but I didn’t expect to see Karo finish him with strikes. Baroni moved well but once he got tagged the first time, it was like he had no idea what to do.

it was quite sad to see, Baroni's such a gym rat that he's always gonna come into fights looking like a million bucks but once the bell goes he just isn't what he once was. It feels similar to the Tito Ortiz and BJ Penn situations where these veteran guys talk such a good game and have you believing that they've got one more run in them, but it all just goes to shit once the bell rings (for the record i aint putting Baroni on BJ Penn's level, but you know what i mean).

Baroni's biggest problem is that one of his main attributes as a figther was his toughness, Baroni got through many hard fights over years and took absolute batterings in them but it appears that all that punishment has caught up with him, his chin just aint there anymore...it's time to hang em up Phil.

On the other hand, Karo Parisyan's having a bit of an Indian Summer phase of his career...dunno how long it'll last but its great to see him doing so well.

Rest of the card was good, lots of finishes highlight probably being Liam McGeary again. No one really talks about him but they may start to know, he's flying under the radar as far as Brits fighting in America but the guy is just wrecking people. 5 first round KO's in Bellator now and he's in the tournament final, win that and he's got a crack at Emmanuel Newton. The fact that his fights end so quickly means his hard to guage just what he can do down the stretch and on the ground (but he is associated with Renzo Gracie), but his stand up and unique lanky frame means he's gonna be a handful for anyone, hits like a truck too.

Liam_McGeary___vs.___Egidijus_Valavicius

oh and Koreshkov came close to landing the KO of the year...

1-56.gif

• Paid Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisQx32ntEY

pretty cool Cage Warriors promo for the their August 16th show, dunno if it was by chance that they just so happened to be having an Irish show now after the UFC success or if it was a strategic move but there's gotta be a pretty big buzz in Ireland for this show. The promo is predictably heavy on the Irish UFC fighters who moved into the UFC.

Good shit.

Is Bellator not on VIVA anymore?

It doesn't seem to be.  Nowhere on the EPG, and nothing on the Viva website, though that's literally the worst website on the interweb today.

Pity, as I was enjoying it.

• Paid Members

another quiet MMA weekend, some of you are probably liking that but if you fancy anything there's a WSOF show on tonight. It's a decent card that's lacking a proper looking main event to draw people in but it should be fun regardless because Palomino is a madman.

sq76oi5x8ka5vavhjywmbbwghq72nyf1pozmfvej

main card is as it looks on the poster...debut of Rony Markes after his UFC departure too.

Bleacher Report preview here --> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2151030-wsof-12-what-to-expect-from-saturdays-card

• Paid Members

I didn't even look at the date on the poster, just you saying it was on tonight!? They could've used a more flattering picture of Dean Lister on that poster too, dude looks like an extra from the new Planet of the Apes.

• Paid Members

I didn't even look at the date on the poster, just you saying it was on tonight!? They could've used a more flattering picture of Dean Lister on that poster too, dude looks like an extra from the new Planet of the Apes.

oh shit yeh, sorry dude, it's on Saturday :)

Palomino is 22-9, pretty gung-ho fighter, had a wild fight with Macaco back as WSOF 8

• Paid Members

Wow, that's a hell of a fight. Great stuff. Love his style - might try to catch the event on Saturday, if it's available on wiziwig or something. Team Paloyorno all the way.

• Paid Members

didnt catch WSOF due to a lack of a decent rip appearing online, here's the finish to the main event though

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/08/luis-palominos-must-see-knock-out-kick-at-wsof-12-video/

It was a star-less show but Palomino is making a name for himself, savage finish. If he even ends up fighting Justin Gaethje expect violence.

Did anyone catch Metamoris?

• Paid Members

That's a brilliant knockout, brutal as hell, but pretty spectacular. Wish I'd been able to catch this, but just had far too much to do on Saturday. Definitely will want to catch the next WSOF, though, and even more definitely the next one with Paloyorno on it.

• Paid Members

yeh they are worth watching, this one was low on names compared to the last couple but they are rolling out some of the bigger named fighters on their roster on the next few shows.

The CBS shows are weird though, production is very trimmed and the shows move very fast, plus you have that news ticker running along the bottom of the screen, it's weird watching it.