Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

the idea in leaving Daley out of the tournament is that they want to enter him in the tournament that launches the promotions move to Spike next year. I think they are gonna try and load up their name value fighters into that tournament (Daley, Saunders etc.).

Im glad they are keeping him busy though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

anyone catch Bellator 74 last weekend? Looks like the Bellator scouts have picked up two more quality Russian fighters in Tsarev & Koreshkov, that seems like a bottomless pit of talent.

...and MMA mystery of the week, how the hell does Lyman Good make 170? he's a fucking monster at the weight, he outbulled Judo Jim, better on the outside and just a powerful punishing clinch in which he works punches rather than knees, Wallhead just couldn't get off.

Heavyweights this weekend.

• Paid Members

Bellator%2075.jpg

pumped for this, the winner of the tournament is likely to be crowned the new champion so there's a lot at stake. Bellator's heavyweight division has been piss poor but this thing is looking good.

Looking forward to seeing how Queiroz does, he looked great in his lone UFC fight before gassing out and losing to Broughton, then the drug ban buried him but he's definitly has potential though, he's training with Nogueira brothers now as well.

finally get to see Pringle/Santos II! althought there's 2 days to go so there's plenty of time for one of them to drop out.

• Paid Members

well, the Prindle/Santos saga continues. They finally get into the cage for a 2nd time and the bout ends with Eric Prindle landing the harshest axe-kick to the balls your ever likely to see, unbelievable. Santos moves on via DQ, but i guess Prindle got his revenge. So it looks like this:

Bellator 59 - Santos-Prindle I: Santos 'accidentally' kicks the balls of a grounded Prindle 90 seconds into the fight. Prindle is unable to continue and the fight is ruled a no contest. Santos questions the legitimacy of Prindle's injury.

Bellator 61 - the rematch is set but Prindle pulls out the week of the fight due to having the flu, fight moved back a week too...

]Bellator 62 - Thiago Santos weighs-in 12lb overweight so the rematch is cancelled again.

Bellator 75 - Santos-Prindle II: Finally the rematch takes place, 4mins into round 1 Prindle axe-kicks Santos' balls flat, Santos unable to continue and is ruled the winner via DQ.

madness.

The other 3 fights were worth a look for very different reasons.

* Richard Hale destroyed Mike Wessell. Hale's abit to sure of himself he talks abit like a motivational speaker but he can fight.

* Vinicius Queiroz put in a contender for comeback of the year against Mark Holota. Dropped heavy with a left hand and almost had the ref. stepping in before composing himself and setting up an arm bar and pretty much breaking the arm of Holota. Been waiting for the return of Queiroz after his disastrous UFC debut, but i'll never forget the guy, i saw him walking around the UFC Expo in London and he's a big intimidating muthafucker.

* Volkov/Rogers - now this was f'n weird. Volkov is a a slightly smaller version of a young Steffan Struve, very gangly for a heavyweight and you just expect Rogers to just man handle him, but Rogers gets offset early by the range and striking of Volkov, goes into his shell and basically backs up for 3 rounds. Jimmy Smith scored the last two rounds 10-8 for Volkov...how often do you see that in a fight that never hit the ground? What the hell happened to Brett Rogers?

• Paid Members
Volkov/Rogers - now this was f'n weird. Volkov is a a slightly smaller version of a young Steffan Struve, very gangly for a heavyweight and you just expect Rogers to just man handle him, but Rogers gets offset early by the range and striking of Volkov, goes into his shell and basically backs up for 3 rounds. Jimmy Smith scored the last two rounds 10-8 for Volkov...how often do you see that in a fight that never hit the ground? What the hell happened to Brett Rogers?

According to Middle Easy:

While Brett Rogers breaking his arm in the first two minutes of his Bellator heavyweight tournament bout against Alexander Volkov isn't as nutty as a doughnut-like deformation, it's still rather disgusting. Rachel Mondeau caught up with Rogers after his unsuccessful bout last weekend and he told us what it's like to fight with a broken, floppy arm for over two rounds.

Quote:

I was really unsure of what happened to my arm. I didn

• Paid Members

Only just caught up with the last two shows. Santos vs Prindle has to be the strangest series in MMA history. That axe kick was sickening, fuck, my eyes watered watching that. Kind of serves Santos right though after the first fight.

Can't bastard wait for Alvarez vs Pitbull on Friday :)

• Paid Members

Bellator 76 was a really good show tonight.Alvarez vs PitbullWell, this lived up to the hype for me. Shame it didn't last a bit longer but what a round it was. That bit at the start where Eddie dropped him with the left and Pitbull got back up and charged at him with a pissed off look on his face was awesome.1_medium.gifNow that's a fighter. He gets hurt and instead of going on the retreat his first instinct was to attack back. Alvarez looked great though and the finish...abjjnz8p.gifYou can't ask for much better. It's been widely known that this was the last fight on his contract and this puts him in a fantastic position now as a free agent. All the logic points to a UFC move. Rebney said as much last week and the fact he was sitting with Dana at a UFC show recently and Bellator left him off the video game, it's all adding up. Alvarez in the UFC is something I've wanted to see for years. He's one of the most consistently exciting fighters in the game and he's gone as far as possible outside Zuffa. In the words of Shonie Carter....."It's about damn time".Alvarez vs Cerrone, Pettis, Melendez, Lauzon, Guillard, Barboza, Diaz, Benson. Fucking hell. *Martinez vs Malegarie was a fun 3 rounds and both really went for it. Martinez' story about his Dad makes him an easy guy to root for and he fought well tonight. I've really enjoyed the featherweight tournament. Great fight. *Wagnney Fabiano's armbar on Stepanyan was fucking nasty. Wagnney_Fabiano_vs._Akop_Stepanyan_medium.gifI really thought he was about to have his arm snapped in two. I was watching through my fingers and saying "tap you bastard" like he could hear me. Scary. *Richman vs Spoon, what can you say? 23 seconds. Nice KO. Stick a fork in spoon.The two prelims they showed were good. That Russian, Shamhalaev looked great. His ground and pound was vicious. Reminded me of a Featherweight Fedor. Excellent show.EDIT - Sweet Christ Dana doesn't piss about.

@Ealvarezfight congrats Bro!!! Let's talk

Edited by wandshogun09

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

i missed 76 last week, not happy about that...typical Alveraz though, he always gets hurt and fires back, that's what makes him so exciting to watch.

Bellator 77 was good this, Nazare/Tirloni, Jansen/Saadulaev and Tiger/Clementi were all good scraps.

It seems every week there's a new Russian to get excited about in Bellator, and this week it was Tiger Sarnavskiy, he might have lost but he did enough to warrant me checking out his next fight, has that go for broke Shlemenko standup style, i love it...proper veteran performance from Clementi though.

Been announced that Shlemenko will fight Falcao for the vacant 185lb title early next year, that's gonna be wild.