Jon Venables back in prison

Mr. Seven

Apparantly whatever caused him to be put back inside has to be reviewed within 28 days. Him getting out again would be a fun way to kick off the election campaign.

God, I hope not. I'd want to string the fucker up for helping that slimy cunt Cameron into power as much as anything else...

You say 'sick cunt' as if it was a premeditated child murder. It was nothing of the sort. It was a couple of fucked up kids from fucked up homes who perpetrated something that started off as a 'game' and resulted in a horrific crime.

Should prison just be about punishing people? Making their time in prison as horrible as possible so that when they return to society nothing has been done to help them with the problems that landed them in prison in the first place? Yeah, chain em up! Beat them every day! Make them eat their least favourite food! The 'throw away the key' argument is banal - you can't lock people up forever. Sooner or later you're going to have to let these people back into society. Surely it's better not to have them come out angry and vengeful at the system that deprived them of their liberty, and make them more likely to repeat the crime that started the whole shitty cycle?

There's no chance either of them will be able to live a 'full, uninhibited adult life'.

First of all, I do believe it was premeditated for the reasons stated below your post - the kidnapping certainly was, and it's hard to imagine they had anything but evil intentions after that. Clearly we disagree on this point, but there's no way in my mind they didn't know they were doing harm to that kid.

Secondly, again we're going from one extreme to the other in the discussion of prison. As I've stated prison shouldn't be 'just' about punishing people, but nor should it be just about rehabilitation. There has to be a balance between the two. I'm not saying put them in a gulag and waterboard them every night, but in my opinion they didn't lose enough years of their personal freedom to constitute reasonable, just punishment for their crime. Whatever age they were when they committed the crime, 8 years in prison for maliciously taking a child's life in an absolute joke.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The public wants to know because we're a bunch of busybodies who buy papers that print salacious details of gory crimes. The idea that the justice system should take any notice of the public's appetite for scandal is preposterous.

I think it does. If the Mother and Father want to know why shouldn't they know about this? Whatever you say it still has an impact on them. Its none of the publics business, no, but the two of them fought tirelessly to stop them being released early, they've been proven right, the home office has a duty to tell them why they have let their sons killer out when he clearly can't be trusted to have been. You're opinion differs from mine and I'll doubt I'll change yours, but I just feel they deserve to know.

I think it does. If the Mother and Father want to know why shouldn't they know about this? Whatever you say it still has an impact on them. Its none of the publics business, no, but the two of them fought tirelessly to stop them being released early, they've been proven right, the home office has a duty to tell them why they have let their sons killer out when he clearly can't be trusted to have been. You're opinion differs from mine and I'll doubt I'll change yours, but I just feel they deserve to know.

In what way have they been proven right? Despite the fervent press speculation, nobody knows why Jon Venables was recalled to prison. He may have been involved in a 'violent altercation' or he might have innocently failed to report to his supervising officer as required. Nobody knows!

While I can understand why Jamie Bulger's family might want to know the reason behind Venables's recall to prison, I can't understand what purpose it would serve to tell them.

• Paid Members
Several sources have claimed that Thomson does indeed chuckle about it, as though it were a mere indiscretion.

Which sources? Seeing as they're unnamed the sensible person whiuld have to assume fictional ones.

Leon McEwan claimed Thompson had bragged that he had got off lightly, telling him: 'You could have killed someone and only got eight.'

• Paid Members

JAMES Bulger's killer Jon Venables was thrown back in jail over an allegation that he committed a sickening sex crime, The Sun can reveal.

The 27-year-old is expected to be brought before a court in the near future to face charges over it.

The Sun has discovered exact details of the offence, that will horrify the nation.

But government lawyers last night threatened to gag us with an injunction if we revealed it in full.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...l#ixzz0hNSlS13E

As for having the right to know where they are? DAM right i dont want my kid playing anywhere near these nutballs same with all the other perverts and child killers. I have the right to protect my child, how can i do that when im not allowed to know if a kiddy killer is living next door.

• Paid Members
I have the right to protect my child, how can i do that when im not allowed to know if a kiddy killer is living next door.

I feel the same but what are you going to do with the information? If you drive them out, they'll only become someone else's problem.

At the end of the day, you do what people have always tried to do. Look after your kids, try to know where they are, give them what you can and hope for the best.

• Paid Members
I have the right to protect my child, how can i do that when im not allowed to know if a kiddy killer is living next door.

I feel the same but what are you going to do with the information? If you drive them out, they'll only become someone else's problem.

At the end of the day, you do what people have always tried to do. Look after your kids, try to know where they are, give them what you can and hope for the best.

Hmm a good point. Then it comes back to if these people have a place living with the rest of us at all. Shame OZ isnt still like it was 400 years ago, stick them on a boat dump them there and let them get on with it.

What is this hysteria regarding people must know 'everything' to protect the kids.. Has the media installed that much of a sense of fear with parents that kids must be molly-coddled and protected from these people.. So I have a divine right to know everybodies whereabouts and movements to protect my child?

Things have degenerated alot in 20-30 years.. and it seems that the paranoia that 'they' are going to get,kill, snatch, rape.. or whatever your child is flourishing, despite the the very small potential of these events actually happening. How has the nation become so overprotective and irrational over this?

I still fail to see what part of the planned murder you dont see?

No-one misunderstands the circumstances. No-one has tried to justify the crime one bit. It's fucking horrendous, it was then and it is now. I had to look away from the news on TV last night because that CCTV footage still haunts me.

The fact still remains that they were children. As Moj points out, 10 year olds believe in Santa Clause so it's not difficult to see how such a shallow mind could be corrupted enough to perform such a hideous crime. My question is still "How the hell were they allowed to develop into such animals?". I haven't read one single good response to that yet.

Heard on the radio this morning that there was a similar crime in Norway not long after. A 5 year old girl was battered to death by three boys even younger than these two and they tried to bury the body in the Snow. They were back at school within the month. I wonder where they are now?

Much better response than Kiffys. Kif, read what i wrote? At what age do they stop being children?

Rick your quite right that they must have been corrupted and you can only point at the people that looked after them. However once they have set down that path IMO there is no way back for them. Do i feel sorry for them? In part for the people that failed to spot the problems that where growing in the boys. As adults they have been given a life they took and for that i dont agree. Should they have been hanged? probably the murder was about as brutal as it could get and was clearly planned. However that rases the issue of killing a child. Which in turn makes another point. Keep them locked up until 20? then kill them?

Shady area. One thing is clear justice was not carried out in the 8 years they spent playing games all day. As adults they should atleast be forced to explain the actions they carried out and live with the names they where born with not least so people can know whos living next to them, dating their daughter, or worse still baby sitting the kids.

As for Norway i have not read or seen any of report so i cant judge.

Im sure lots of people have had worse upbringing than these two and have not turned into baby killers.

Ok let me attempt a more reasoned response.

As many have pointed out, the full background to these kids has not been released, to my knowledge. Suffice to say via upbringing or nature these 10 year old children either didn't know the difference between right and wrong or simply didn't care.

I'd say at that point there's something seriously wrong with them.

The concept of justice as a punishment to accurately reflect the crime (an eye for an eye being the best description) doesn't really represent justice, it represents revenge. The crimes these children commited were abhorrant, so abhorrant the urge to see them tortured and killed is a manifestation of the disgust you feel when hearing of the crimes - they are so distressing you need someone to blame, an outlet for the anger and revulsion you feel.

But that doesn't make it right, whatever fucked up thing these people are, murdering them helps nothing. It doesn't act as a deterrent to other insane 10 year olds, by their nature they're insane and fucked up.

It just means society itself is also in the business of killing children, or even adults.

Now I could go along with the idea that when something does something this wrong they can never be released, but the need to kill is revenge, and revenge is natural. But it's not justice.

Edited by Kiffy

• Paid Members
Secondly, again we're going from one extreme to the other in the discussion of prison. As I've stated prison shouldn't be 'just' about punishing people, but nor should it be just about rehabilitation. There has to be a balance between the two. I'm not saying put them in a gulag and waterboard them every night, but in my opinion they didn't lose enough years of their personal freedom to constitute reasonable, just punishment for their crime. Whatever age they were when they committed the crime, 8 years in prison for maliciously taking a child's life in an absolute joke.

It's a bit ironic that they likely received a better education behind bars than they likely ever would have had they stayed out.

• Paid Members
What is this hysteria regarding people must know 'everything' to protect the kids.. Has the media installed that much of a sense of fear with parents that kids must be molly-coddled and protected from these people.. So I have a divine right to know everybodies whereabouts and movements to protect my child?

Things have degenerated alot in 20-30 years.. and it seems that the paranoia that 'they' are going to get,kill, snatch, rape.. or whatever your child is flourishing, despite the the very small potential of these events actually happening. How has the nation become so overprotective and irrational over this?

Yup, 20 years ago i was playing in the park with my mates happy as larry and my Mum and Dad had no real need to be worried.

I wouldnt dream of leaving my son at that age in a park.

Maybe its just better reported these days? Dare i say it the internet has flushed out the true number of pedos that are out and about, that other wise would have never been known about?

I have the right to know if a convicted abuser is living next door to me watching my kids play in the garden.