Keith Houchen Posted October 18, 2011 Posted October 18, 2011 Mastodon are on Later With Jools Holland tonight and Friday Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 18, 2011 Author Paid Members Posted October 18, 2011 Why the sad face? Quote
LiamTheGreat Posted October 18, 2011 Posted October 18, 2011 perhaps he fears a toned down set like when metallica was on it Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 19, 2011 Author Paid Members Posted October 19, 2011 What happened? Quote
Keith Houchen Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 Why the sad face? I used to like Later With Jools Holland. Ah well at least Bon Iver made up for it. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted October 19, 2011 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2011 So, the new Five Finger Death Punch album is quite enjoyable. Better than their 2nd IMO although it sounds very 'Stone Sour' in places. Anyone else heard it yet? Quote
Harvey Dent Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 If you missed Mastodon on Jools... The extended version is on 11.30 Friday, BBC2. So hopefully another song and a little chat. Quote
KingOfMetal Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 the Metallica & Lou Reed album has leaked online at Iso-Hunt Quote
Harvey Dent Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 the Metallica & Lou Reed album has leaked online at Iso-Hunt Obviously a lot of people will hate it, but I actually like a lot more of it than I thought I would. When it's bad, its hideously painful, especially when Lou is doing his talking style thing over really fast music, its really jarring and just sounds plain bad. But the parts with a bit more melody and cohesion I actually dig. Quote
KingOfMetal Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 Its inevitable that people are going to shit all over it, Seven even started its own seperate thread to do just that based on a 30 second sound clip, but hey-ho, thasts his gimmick. Im not going to get the chance to hear it properly for a few daysdue to work, so will post my write up (along with the new Steel panther and Megadeth releases) when I get the chance Quote
Forrest Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 Give these two a try: Living with Disfigurement - http://www.myspace.com/livingwithdisfigurement Decrepid - http://www.myspace.com/decrepiddeath LWD's replacement, Gout, are even better! Also, I would encourage: Bonesaw - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bones...196462990378202 Vortilich - http://www.last.fm/music/Vortilich There is others, but I'll give you some later tomorrow. Quote
Paid Members SpiritOfTheForest Posted October 19, 2011 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2011 So, the new Five Finger Death Punch album is quite enjoyable. Better than their 2nd IMO although it sounds very 'Stone Sour' in places. Anyone else heard it yet? http://www.leavethehall.co.uk/reviews/albu...-is-the-answer/ This review pretty much sums up my views of FFDP. One of the worst and most pathetic bands to ever soil music. And yes that is a bit of a shameless plug for a mate's (very funny) site Quote
Harvey Dent Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 Its inevitable that people are going to shit all over it, Seven even started its own seperate thread to do just that based on a 30 second sound clip, but hey-ho, thasts his gimmick. Im not going to get the chance to hear it properly for a few daysdue to work, so will post my write up (along with the new Steel panther and Megadeth releases) when I get the chance Have you already heard the new Megadeth? I'm on the fence with what I have heard, it all sounds a little "stock" Megadeth. Quote
Flash Posted October 20, 2011 Posted October 20, 2011 Huge fan of mastodon, they were on zane lowe last night. Off to see them in febuary and in december off to see napalm death Quote
KingOfMetal Posted October 20, 2011 Posted October 20, 2011 Its inevitable that people are going to shit all over it, Seven even started its own seperate thread to do just that based on a 30 second sound clip, but hey-ho, thasts his gimmick. Im not going to get the chance to hear it properly for a few daysdue to work, so will post my write up (along with the new Steel panther and Megadeth releases) when I get the chance Have you already heard the new Megadeth? I'm on the fence with what I have heard, it all sounds a little "stock" Megadeth. Still waiting for my advance copy. Heard mixed things about it so far Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.