Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

i get paid friday and i plan on raiding Amazon's market place, ive found some absolute gold over there for under a quid. Brilliant.

Posted

Going to see Manowar on Tuesday, a bit cheesy at times but I think we're in for a hell of a show.

Posted
I just remembered Damnation is next Saturday. Jesus christ.

 

It's cleaned me out, but I can't wait. ULVER! :D

 

Don't remind me, they are my all time favorites but i can't travel for health reasons.

Make sure you come back and tell us how they were.

  • Paid Members
Posted

every year i go to Bloodstock they are pimping the Damnation Festival and every year i think 'i gotta go!' and every year i never end up going :(

Posted
Going to see Manowar on Tuesday, a bit cheesy at times but I think we're in for a hell of a show.

 

thats the Glasgow show right?

Im seeing them in Leeds on Friday, cant wait. There one of the few bands left on the Metal-Bucket List.

Nothing cheesy in the slightest about them, as musicains they are solid as anything. People just get wound up about their lioncloth appearance being cheesy (which they havent done for years now)

Posted

I agree, tickets are stupidly priced for this (its like Demaio been taken lessons from KISS) and from what I hear only 3 shows have actually sold out for the tour. Demaio seems to be under the illusion that they are bigger than what they actaully are in this country, hence why no promoter has brought them over here for so many years because they would be operating at a lose. And anyone that has paid the

Posted (edited)

Prices are so high for one of two possible reasons:

1) because of the production costs for the show that Demaio has promised, as to what the entails I don't know.

2) Academy Events/Metal Hammer have paid Manowar so much to come over, they need to charge that to at least break even.

But like with other bands, there are fans that will pay the silly prices no matter what. I recall reading that t-shirts at the Birmingham show in March were

Edited by KingOfMetal
Posted

The Production Cost's don't come in the form of pyro or anything its the fact that they have there own full custom back line and PA which they use for every show. I'm sure shipping that around cost's a fair bit

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...