The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Yeh i got Placebo tickets too, Newport for me.

I'll be at HRH too.

5 HRH events all in all for us this year. HRH United/Hammerfest (was ace!), HRH AOR on the Road, HRH Doom vs HRH Stoner, Hard Rock Hell, HRH NWOBHM.

Picking up tix for Ash when they go on sale today, always a fun live band and a good throwback to my younger days lol. Plus £15 isnt at all steep. So would be rude not to.

Crossfaith were awesome last night, their shows are always so high energy. Tiny little venue in Leeds too, doubt we'll see them in venues that small again for a long time. Support from the Qemists wasn't too bad. Not a huge fan or anything, but a fitting support. Second time i've seen them in the past week or so, as they closed HammerFest..

Just heard that Swedish industrial band Misery Loves Co. are back together and are playing Bloodstock! Was always a fan back in the day, saw em support Fear Factory on the Obsolete tour. They put out a few quality records too! Everyone's reforming!

They're on the bill directly before Fear Factory on the Saturday, and FF are playing Demanufacture. That day is going to be a blinder with Behemoth playing The Satanist and Mastodon topping the bill...unless you're a Bloodstock forum poster, in which case it's going to be dogshit. There was some great moaning going on yesterday after the announcement

• Paid Members

Yeh i got Placebo tickets too, Newport for me.

I'll be at HRH too.

5 HRH events all in all for us this year. HRH United/Hammerfest (was ace!), HRH AOR on the Road, HRH Doom vs HRH Stoner, Hard Rock Hell, HRH NWOBHM.

Picking up tix for Ash when they go on sale today, always a fun live band and a good throwback to my younger days lol. Plus £15 isnt at all steep. So would be rude not to.

Crossfaith were awesome last night, their shows are always so high energy. Tiny little venue in Leeds too, doubt we'll see them in venues that small again for a long time. Support from the Qemists wasn't too bad. Not a huge fan or anything, but a fitting support. Second time i've seen them in the past week or so, as they closed HammerFest..

I saw them (Qemists) at Hammerfest too, great way to end the weekend. Not my kind of thing but so much energy live.

HRH im going too i think, the one Living Color are playing. Can't wait for that.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Just heard that Swedish industrial band Misery Loves Co. are back together and are playing Bloodstock! Was always a fan back in the day, saw em support Fear Factory on the Obsolete tour. They put out a few quality records too! Everyone's reforming!

They're on the bill directly before Fear Factory on the Saturday, and FF are playing Demanufacture. That day is going to be a blinder with Behemoth playing The Satanist and Mastodon topping the bill...unless you're a Bloodstock forum poster, in which case it's going to be dogshit. There was some great moaning going on yesterday after the announcement

I dont even visit the forum anymore, fuck em.

That lineup though! I was thinking of skipping Bloodstock this year but im gonna have to go.

Thursday reformed too, nice! I always liked them but was never a huge fan. I saw them back in the day when the emo thing exploded but i lost interest after that. I did recently go back and check their later work, interesting stuff. They suffered from the death of the emo thing as much as anyone though, the bottom fell out of that fucker.

Got myself a copy of the new Boris x Merzbow double CD and holy fuck it's a bit good, they've gone for what might be a slightly pretentious angle where you play both CD/LP's together which is a pain so I just ripped it and use both VLC and foobar2000.

It won't be for everyone but if you like losing yourself in dense, sludgy noise then you might just dig it.

Also, should be seeing Overkill (eugh) and Vader (yay) soon, one of the few times I'll pay full wack to see the support.

• Paid Members

Silly season in Rock music......

http://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-ac-dc-all-but-done-deal/

Atlanta Radio 100.5 DJ Jason Bailey reported yesterday on his show, as transcribed by Alternative Nation, that a ‘very very good source’ is telling him that Axl Rose will indeed be joining AC/DC to front the band for the remainder of their tour. Alternative Nation first reported rumors of Rose touring with AC/DC on Monday.

“From what I was told, this was all kind of new inside information to me, Angus is a very black and white guy. He’s like, Brian, for health reasons, can’t continue fronting the band. He was supposed to retire after the last tour, so they wanted to continue going out on the road and continue making music, so if you can’t do it, we appreciate your services, but the show must go on. They’re in town, they were auditioning people for the job, and then they flew Axl in, again, this is from my source.”

Axl Rose was spotted in Atlanta over the weekend, and according to MSL from GNRTruth, he was there for rehearsals, but not for Guns N’ Roses. While MSL’s tease on GNRTruth doesn’t specify what exactly Rose is rehearsing for, it has led to rampant speculation that the legendary Guns N’ Roses frontman could be one of AC/DC’s guest singers for their upcoming concerts.

AC/DC released the following statement earlier this month: “AC/DC are postponing the remaining dates of their U.S. tour because of lead singer Brian Johnson’s possible hearing loss. The band says in a statement that doctors have advised the ‘Back in Black’ singer to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss. The group’s shows beginning Thursday in Atlanta through April 4 in New York are being rescheduled for later in the year — likely with a guest vocalist. The group’s lone stop in Florida would have been Friday at the BB&T Center in Fort Lauderdale. AC/DC opened the most recent U.S. leg of its ‘Rock or Bust’ tour Feb. 2 in Tacoma, Washington.”

• Paid Members

Does anyone know who the support are on Trivium's current UK tour?

Heart of a Coward & they're tremendous.

Yeh solid UK metal act, that thing they do where they make everyone go arm in and headbang together is fucking terrible though.

The sitting down and jumping up thing is done by a bunch of bands, including Crossfaith the other night. Frank Turner has used it for years too and it happens at about 90% of his shows. Slipknot have been doing it pretty much all the time for as long as i can remember. I'm sure there's probably a bunch more.

• Paid Members

yeh, im not a fan of that. At a big show it's kinda cool cause it's a bit of a spectacle, but bands doing it any small ass show is just stupid. Slipknot did it first to my knowlegde. It's like the bastard wall of death.