The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The Bloodstock announcement has now been confirmed.

Gojira are the special guests for Saturday while Anthrax are Sunday special guests and Satyricon play Nemesis Devina in it's entirety.

Means there is STILL a headliner to be confirmed

If it's Danzig or King Diamond I'm going to need tissues handy.

The Bloodstock announcement has now been confirmed.

Gojira are the special guests for Saturday while Anthrax are Sunday special guests and Satyricon play Nemesis Devina in it's entirety.

Means there is STILL a headliner to be confirmed

Judas Priest are being talked about a lot, and Vicky Hungerford has said to me she'd love them to play. So they are at least a possibility. BOA have said the last headliner would be announced this month, which could point to Priest. i.e. Their own tour of the UK wraps up on the 1st, so an end of month announcement won't hurt their own potential salers. Tool just announced they'll be playing shows again as of January, so they have to be a possibility.

Judas Priest are a name that gets thrown around every year and I love for it to happen, but I won't be suprised if it isn't them. I remember hearing a guy on the last day this year saying. "I'm positive that Judas Priest will play next year" and I'm sure he's said that a lot of times.

It's a similar situation to when we used to say Sting would debut in WWE, if you say it enough times you'll be right eventually.

Tool a possibility for Bloodstock? Surely they're far too big for Bloodstock.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Judas Priest are a name that gets thrown around every year and I love for it to happen, but I won't be suprised if it isn't them. I remember hearing a guy on the last day this year saying. "I'm positive that Judas Priest will play next year" and I'm sure he's said that a lot of times.

It's a similar situation to when we used to say Sting would debut in WWE, if you say it enough times you'll be right eventually.

Tool a possibility for Bloodstock? Surely they're far too big for Bloodstock.

Fully agree i wouldnt be shocked if Priest didn't play. But Vicky saying she wants them to play shows the festival is at least wanting it to happen. And how many moreyears are there going to be to make it a reality? The timing of their tour ending and the announcment being this month lines up well for i to at least explain why they are holding back announcing the headliner. Of coursethat's purely speculation on my part.

Tool i could see at Download as second stage headliner more than i could see them at BOA.

• Paid Members

If/when Tool come back to Download they'll headline main. They haven't played the UK for a decade & their last show was headlining there. I spoke to Andy Copping at the festival this year & he was saying they're very much still a headline band.