The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Prices are all over the place but a lot of stuff is factored into the costing. A mate of mine is still stuck in 2001 when it comes to ticket pricing, he still expects arena shows to 15 quid, and he still expects t-shirts to be 10 quid at the merch stand :D

Is the large appeal of Fozzy not just meeting Jericho after the gig? 

Doesn't happen, or only happens very rarely. They do run VIP tickets for all their dates normally though. I'm a big fan of Fozzy as i find them to be a lot of fun live, i was a Stuck Mojo fan also, so it's only natural i'd give them a chance. Lovely bunch of guys too.

RE: Ticket prices... It's down to what you feel a show is worth to you personally i think. I dropped £150 on 2 floor tickets for Muse's upcoming tour. Expensive, but i know it will be awesome. They never hold back on their  stage setups and thi9s one is supposed to be something special. So i'm looking forward to it.

Edited by truthofsin

• Paid Members

my mate's band (The Dirty Youth) were the main support on Fozzy's last UK tour, he said Jericho was a sound fella.

I saw Fozzy years back in Swansea and met Jericho and Rich Ward DJ'ing in the local club after the show. I was just as happy to meet Rich Ward as i was Jericho, love his style.

my mate's band (The Dirty Youth) were the main support on Fozzy's last UK tour, he said Jericho was a sound fella.

I saw Fozzy years back in Swansea and met Jericho and Rich Ward DJ'ing in the local club after the show. I was just as happy to meet Rich Ward as i was Jericho, love his style.

The Duke is a lovely fella. Really down to earth. Spent time discussing KC & The Sunshine Band, Sabbath, Abba, and more with him. I did the VIP gimmick a few years back as a birthday treat to myself when i turned 30. I was one of 4 who did it for York that day. the others barely spoke as they were clearly nervous. So i spent a lot of time chatting to the lads. Pretty great day by all accounts, Soundcheck, dinner with the band, then the show. You don't half get some looks sat in a bar eating dinner with Jericho lol

For me it really was. With the others being pretty quiet and there only being 4 of us (normally there are MANY more judging by pics of the other VIP events), i really enjoyed the whole experience. Debating the pros and cons of the new Sabbath album with Jericho, and talking classic rock was a great experience. Rich is one of the most laid back guys you could ever hope to meet, just a genuinely nice bloke who you could chat to for hours. Billy, Frank, and Paul are all equally great guys.

Day started with us waiting outside the venue for their rep to settle up balances. Then it was in to the venue to watch soundcheck and be given some bits and bobs (signed pic laminate, bandanna). Then we were shown over the road to a bar where we had a roped off private corner with a full platter put on to eat. We waited 10 mins or so and the band joined us as their dinner arrived. We then sat discussing all sorts over dinner. Not once was wrestling mentioned which, despite me being a huge fan, i really appreciated. I would have found it disrespectful to the other band members, and in some way disrespectful to Jericho who was there as a musician and not as a wrestler. Equally i find the Y2J chants at their shows annoying. After dinner we all had pics taken with the band and said our goodbyes. At which point i asked Rich if i could grab one of his picks later on. He then pulled out one from his pocket and gave it to me. I have this in my collection still. Then we all headed over the road and waited for the doors to open for the show.

That's the stigma with Fozzy, they're always going to the band that features "WWE superstar Chris Jericho", I'm willing to guess that the ratio of wrestling fans far outweighs the number of just fans of the band.

We had an interview lined with Jerico lined up for our uni radio show when they played London Astoria in 2005 (I think) which got switched to the drummer at the last minute because Jericho got stuck in London traffic having done an appearance somewhere else. Luckily I knew enough about his past to change it on the fly. Hearing everyone sound check in the empty Astoria was a great experience, the band Panic Cell (who were massive for all of five minutes) were hanging about too though I don't know why as they weren't playing

Edited by WyattSheepMask