The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

im a big fan of the Jasta show. Jasta's stance on music is very much like mine, he has a 'can't we all get along' type vibe and i love that. If you wanna score his archive you need to listen to the interview with Brent from Mastodon, it's probably the best of the bunch.

• Paid Members

yeh went last night, great stuff. The band really seem to be enjoying themselves too which is great considering the history, Ginger said something last night that they are enjoying the tour a lot more than they expected too.

The P.H.U.Q. run through is great, the encore is mixed up every night. We didn't get 29 X The Pain or Anthem last night which i was a bit gutted about but they still played 8-9 songs in the second half.

Get there early for Baby Chaos too!

Edited by Ebb

Out of interest - since I've purchased a few tickets the past month now and the pricing seems a bit all over the place. What do u guys accept as suitable pricing per size of the band? Has there been many gigs you've just not attended due to it being way over the odds price wise? So for example we've booked Libertines for £40 a ticket, I've booked Fall Out Boy for £30 in the same venue, I've also seen Offspring In Brixton last month for only £30 and personally feel in terms of stature Libs should be much nearer that price if not lower than £30. Especially as they've only got 3 albums are British and have done the festival rounds? Is it just capitalizing on that success?  Foo's was £75 for Wembley, baring in mind it didn't take place but still seemed a bit steep considering it was cheaper for a Reading day ticket. I've also paid £20 to see Bowling For Soup in February which I'm near certain won't be more than half-full. Surely they'd be better going for cheaper tickets but selling it out? 

Jaws a relatively small band who v recently played a festival down here for only £30 a day cost me a tenner a ticket. Whereas Creeper who seem IMO bigger was only £6.50. Trying to even guess ticket prices these day's to me seems really difficult. 

Edited by seanz25

It depends on what kind of production they bring with them, how much gear they have to transport etc. and I also want to feelike I'm getting value for money, there is a limit to what I'll go to unless I know I'm going to get a great show. I'm not going to the Slayer tour in November as it was around £45 for them, Anthrax (who I've never rated anyway) and Klevertak who I don't know enough about. On the flip side of that, I wouldn't think twice about parting with £45 to see Rammstein as I know the show will phenomenal.

Seeing Ghost on their first headline UK tour in December at less than £20 is great value in my eyes and it's only 4 years since I saw Volbeat at Sheffield Corporation for £10.

I couldn't pay those kinda prices, even 20 odd quid for a band like PiL is too much for me. I think the most I've ever spent on a one band gig was around £22 for My Bloody Valentine but that's because I'd heard how fucking immense there are live and I had to experience the infamous You Made Me Realise "holocaust section" at least once in my life.

Just how big are Bowling for Soup these days? In my mind they're the kind of band that would play the Colly for a tenner max (which im sure they did a few years back).

Not that big I don't think, they do extensive tours over here as I think the UK is where they're most popular.

I didn't see anything of them for ages and then I saw a clip of them from Download (2014 I think it was) and the singer appears to have eaten the rest of the band. Still not as fat as the guitar player but he'd really fucking piled it on

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Not that big I don't think, they do extensive tours over here as I think the UK is where they're most popular.

I didn't see anything of them for ages and then I saw a clip of them from Download (2014 I think it was) and the singer appears to have eaten the rest of the band. Still not as fat as the guitar player but he'd really fucking piled it on

Pretty much this, although they're a solid live act tbf. They've released tons of rubbish since 2009's Sorry For Partyin which was actually a fun album. But you turn up, they smash out the hits and you have a good time so for the £20 it's no deal breaker for me since that's what I've come to expect. I still think they play the likes of Download/Reading high to mid on a main stage and pull in a solid crowd. They've been over here since about 2008 every year on tour of some format though, whether that be acoustic stuff or as a full band.