Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

 

They were spot on I thought and the setlist was perfect. It's very rare that I see a gig and I'm happy with the songs played and the positioning. I'd go see them again easily. I started watching Menzingers who sounded great but ended up at the bar instead.

 

 

Shit! Wish id've known The Menzingers were supporting. Wanted to see them for the last 2 years.

 

The Offspring are completely off the radar for me now. Like Ebb, I grew up on Smash and Ixnay although Conspiracy of One was pretty much the new album when I started listening to them. I saw them on their arena tour for that but I was mainly going just to see AFI if I'm honest

Mezingers also did R&L mate.

Posted

 

 

They were spot on I thought and the setlist was perfect. It's very rare that I see a gig and I'm happy with the songs played and the positioning. I'd go see them again easily. I started watching Menzingers who sounded great but ended up at the bar instead.

 

Shit! Wish id've known The Menzingers were supporting. Wanted to see them for the last 2 years.

 

The Offspring are completely off the radar for me now. Like Ebb, I grew up on Smash and Ixnay although Conspiracy of One was pretty much the new album when I started listening to them. I saw them on their arena tour for that but I was mainly going just to see AFI if I'm honest

Mezingers also did R&L mate.

 

 

I know. Unfortunately, all the bands I wanted to see where on different days and a weekend ticket was out of the question

  • Paid Members
Posted

Cancer Bats have just announced a 2016 UK tour

 

Mon 11 January - Southend, Chinnerys
Tues 12 January - Portsmouth, Wedgewood Rooms
Wed 13 January - Brighton, Concorde 2
Thurs 14 January - Norwich, Waterfront
Fri 15 January - Exeter, Phoenix
Sat 16 January - Plymouth, The Hub
Sun 17 January - Bristol, Marble Factory
Mon 18 January - Bridgend, Hobos
Tues 19 January - Reading, Sub 89
Wed 20 January - Stoke, Sugarmill
Thurs 21 January - Nottingham, Rescue Rooms
Fri 22 January - Birmingham, O2 Academy 2
Sat 23 January - Manchester, O2 Academy 3
Sun 24 January - Leeds, Key Club
Mon 25 January - Glasgow, Garage
Tues 26 January - Newcastle, O2 Academy 2
Wed 27 January - Liverpool, O2 Academy 2
Thurs 28 January - London, Tufnell Park Dome

  • Paid Members
Posted

Same here, saw them at Sonisphere years ago and have been a massive fan ever since. Im surprised they are playing at Sub89 in Reading, its a fairly small venue. Not that im complaining though, im off there tonight to see Hatebreed

Posted

Booked myself a ticket to see Bring Me The Horizon.. On my own! Booked a Premier Inn and train from North Wales and it's only cost me £80. Very pleased with that. I used to hate BMTH but they've really come along away but just worried it's going to be full of 17 year old kids. Neck Deep are supporting too which is an added bonus.

Posted

Booked myself a ticket to see Bring Me The Horizon.. On my own! Booked a Premier Inn and train from North Wales and it's only cost me £80. Very pleased with that. I used to hate BMTH but they've really come along away but just worried it's going to be full of 17 year old kids. Neck Deep are supporting too which is an added bonus.

Yeah, it will be a young crowd, but me and my wife are going to see BMTH on Sunday and going to that too, and we're 30 and 28, so no worries. Neck Deep are great live.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Saw Turnstile again last night, bedlam ensued. Definitely one of the better live bands on the circuit at the moment, energy for days.

Posted

 

Booked myself a ticket to see Bring Me The Horizon.. On my own! Booked a Premier Inn and train from North Wales and it's only cost me £80. Very pleased with that. I used to hate BMTH but they've really come along away but just worried it's going to be full of 17 year old kids. Neck Deep are supporting too which is an added bonus.

Yeah, it will be a young crowd, but me and my wife are going to see BMTH on Sunday and going to that too, and we're 30 and 28, so no worries. Neck Deep are great live.

Nice one that makes me feel better! I'm 24 but know full well it's gonna bring a young crowd. New album comes out this week too which I'm looking forward to.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It'll probably be primarily a young crowd but i expect there'll be a decent mix there overall, you'd be surprised who turns up to shows with popular bands involved.

 

Theres a documentary coming out early next year about the South Wales music scene from the early-mid 2000's, its called Massive - The Rise & Fall. Focuses on bands like Lost Prophets (errr), Funeral for a Friend, The Blackout etc. as well as the smaller bands who never really broke out of the local market. It's a scene i was very much around but id never say i was a part of of the "scene" in terms of the cliquey following it developer, this was during the early days of myspace when it all became very fake and too poser-esque for my liking. I went to lots of shows though and liked a lot of the bands involved. Interested to see how they spin the story.

Posted

It'll probably be primarily a young crowd but i expect there'll be a decent mix there overall, you'd be surprised who turns up to shows with popular bands involved.

 

Theres a documentary coming out early next year about the South Wales music scene from the early-mid 2000's, its called Massive - The Rise & Fall. Focuses on bands like Lost Prophets (errr), Funeral for a Friend, The Blackout etc. as well as the smaller bands who never really broke out of the local market. It's a scene i was very much around but id never say i was a part of of the "scene" in terms of the cliquey following it developer, this was during the early days of myspace when it all became very fake and too poser-esque for my liking. I went to lots of shows though and liked a lot of the bands involved. Interested to see how they spin the story.

Cheers for heads up! I'd really like to see that. The scene was really healthy when I was coming into my teens and getting into that type of music. And being from South Wales myself I instantly felt like I had a connection with those bands. Listening to some of them brings back some of my fondest memories of my teens.

Posted

Massive fan of FFAF, loved The Blackout and Lostprophets as well, so I'll be keen on seeing that. Hopefully it will feature the best band to come out of that scene Dopamine!!!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeh i was always into Dopamine. 2 quality albums and really deserved better than what they got. The band they morphed into Attack! Attack! were more successful but never as good for me.

Posted

For the most part though it does have to be said, ignoring Ian's horrid stuff, Lostprophets released a lot of good music, there's still 4/5 others in the band who didn't do anything wrong. So to completely shame them has been unfair IMO. Tainted the bands reputation badly when in actual fact the majority in the act didn't do anything wrong.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...