The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Well hopefully Sonisphere can provide what i'm after. If not, then i'd be perfectly content with not going to another festival for another few years, unless something really great pops along or i have the chance to attend Glastonbury. I've seen a good chunk of the big, famous bands and i've seen most of the bands i've ever wanted to see (still need to cross off Foo Fighters, Against Me!, Circle Takes The Square and Murder By Death) so if i go the rest of my life without attending another festival then i'd be okay with it. I just really want one more festival that makes me giddy with excitement about the bands. After 2011 i was only going because of the atmosphere.

If Soni books the Foo's then i'm pretty sure even if weekend tickets are £300 a hit they will fly off the shelf.

When you think Download is Slipknot (Off the back of headlining two years ago and a winter arena tour) Muse (Not playing the stuff which would appeal more to the DL audience) and Kiss, I can't see that shifting tickets. Even looking at the undercard there is nothing special, lots of repeat bookings but i've got a feeling Soni will be the better festival this year.

If AC turned around and said Slipknot will be doing Iowa in full, Muse doing origin of symmetry in full then it would be a different ball game. I just get the feeling a festival is generic shortened versions of bands own gigs without the something special they had before.

• Paid Members

Don't think Soni UK will even run in 2015 tbh. The organisers have been very non-committal & the AC/DC gigs are on the same weekend as they normally run. With R&L having Metallica & another rumoured headliner to be Linkin Park they'll both have rock/metal heavy undercards. Can't see there being room for Soni. Plus, looking at which bands are doing Euro fests...who would Soni have?

thats-the-end-of-that-chapter-o.gif

"And that's the end of that chapter"

Seriously though, Bloodstock is looking a great lineup so far. The Saturday is absolutely stacked on the Main Stage, only change I would make is Opeth headlining above Within Temptation. ROb Zombie is going to be an interesting one. People said he phoned it in at Download this year, but you'd think being in the headline slot he'd bring his A-game. And we all said our piece on Trivium already and I'm sure they'll be a few boo boys who'll fuck off pretty quickly

• Paid Members

Zombie has already said hes brining a brand new live show with all the robots and shit.

I dont think Zombie phoned it in at Download, more a case of without all the props it appears that he did. Doesnt help that he's a terrible live vocalist either.