The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
I love all things gory and horrific in the world of heavy metal, but sometimes bands can push it a little bit too far for even my sinister tastes when they start mentioning babies or kids in their titles. One of the least tasteful names I've come across is
. There's just no need to be called that. It's a shame too, because I fucking dig their sound. The song in that link is a short, sharp burst of insanity called

• Paid Members
Deafheaven's Sunbather was voted the second best metal album of the year by Revolver magazine (Black Sabbath were first), great to see it get such recognition from the mainstream metal press as it really is one helluva album.

agreed, i love it. It's unlike anything i've ever heard but it's an album i keep going back too and it just keeps sounding fresh. I mentioned it before on here but it's like an uplifting black metal album, i love the artwork too.

I stand corrected. But I do seem to recall Napalm Death & Billy Idol playing the same day in 2010, so was an easy mistake to make.

You're absolutely correct, I remember it started absolutely battering it down with rain during Billy Idol and it was damn near impossible to get into any of the music tents. By the time I got back to my tent to get my boots and warmer jacket I couldn't be fucked to go back to the main arena so I missed Steel Panther, Napalm Death and Suicidal Tendencies. I place the blame squarely on my mate firing up a joint went we got back

Edited by Rey_Piste

Indeed it did, Id got into a decent spot for Aerosmith that day and it was looking like the weather would remain as it had been all weekend upto that point so I was just in my vest and shorts. Then the second Idol's jaully deathmask of a face hit the stage it hammered it down, and I had to find some kind of poncho (I ended up just using a black binbag with holes for my arms and head) and place the blame for the shite weather purely on Idol, which I think is just cause to never book Billy Idol for anything again ever

• Paid Members

None of the line-ups have topped 2010, which is partly why I haven't been since. ACDC were epic, Rage were brilliant and Aerosmith brought the fun factor. Great headliners, great mix. The whole "Undercard" for want of a better term was wonderful across ll three days too.

LP's Hybrid Theory session might grab me for the Saturday, but I'm not bothered by the rest all. Aerosmith might be fun but then I've seen them headline before.

• Paid Members
I remember it was overcast for Saxon and then the sun came out in full effect for Slash, then Billy made it rain.

It rained right at the end of Slash's set. Playing Paradise City in a field in England is just asking for trouble.

2012 had a pretty strong lineup, but 2010 has been the best for me so far. Had a great time this year too though

I also had a great time this year as a good portion of my favourite bands were all on the bill, also the fact that everyone seemed to be on form was a huge factor in how much I enjoyed it.

• Paid Members
Had to google Evil Scarecrow, they're beyond terrible but hilarious at the same time. Could see them being good fun at a festival.

Evil Scarecrow are Bloodstock regular's, they are incredibly stupid but very entertaining live. They played to a rammed 2nd stage this year and they one of the highlights of the festival.