The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Alter Bridge's new album, 'Fortress', is now streaming. Head to www.metalhammer.co.uk for more info

Cheers for the heads up was expecting it to be heavier and dirtier from keeping up with the production stuff on FB, this is much more so than expected :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

gutted i aint going to the a show on the tour. I was planning on going to Cardiff but a mate of mine asked if i wanted to go see the Cardiff leg of Bowling For Soup's final tour - which i agreed too - then i realised it's on the same day :(

Now don't get me wrong, Bowling For Soup are a bit of a guilty pleasure and very entertaining live, but i know where i'd rather be. Can't back out now :(

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Add me to the list of people really digging the new Alter Bridge album. It's certainly better than AB3 but I think it dips a bit towards the end, they could've shaved a couple of track off it.

Has anybody else heard the new 'Stray From The Path' album 'Anonymous' yet? It's up there for album of the year for me at the moment, right up there with the new Letlive & Clutch albums. At times the nods to RATM are bordering on plagiarism but it's doesn't stop from start to finish. Every track's a banger & if you're a fan if angry, politically driven noise then you're in for a treat. It instantly appealed to the Public Enemy, RATM fanboy in me so if that's your bag you'll fucking love this. Stand out tracks are 'Landmines', 'Radio' & 'Badge & a Bullet'.

• Paid Members

yes Mike! i've been listening to it too. They do sound like a more hardcore version of RATM, mainly down to the guitarists clear Tom Morello influences and the political nature of the lyrics, it's some angry shit. The vocalist sounds like the vocalist of an old hardcore band i loved called Brothers Keeper, first time i heard them that's what stood out to me (check them out).

I bet they'd be even better live too, i wanna go see them.

• Paid Members

I first saw them when they supported 'Every Time I Die' on their last tour. I'd heard very little of them before that but they outplayed ETID! They've been bumped up to main support on the upcoming 'Deez Nuts' tour. My mate who I go to these hardcore gigs with is on holiday when it hits Manchester but I'm tempted to go up on my own & leave to get the earlier train home once SFTP finish.

I'll check out 'Brothers Keeper', cheers for the heads up.

• Paid Members

yeh, they were around in the late 90's/early 00's same time as bands like Snapcase. I used to go see all kinds of stuff down in TJ's in Newport back then, Brother's Keeper was one of them.

I missed out on ETID's last UK, gutted now :(

I was about to check out the new Alter Bridge but the soundcloud stream won't play over here so instead i'm going to link a a track from the new Subrosa album which is real close to being my metal AOTY, innovative doom metal at its finest.

https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/subrosa-cosey-mo

https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/...hosts-of-a-dead

yeh, they were around in the late 90's/early 00's same time as bands like Snapcase. I used to go see all kinds of stuff down in TJ's in Newport back then, Brother's Keeper was one of them.

I missed out on ETID's last UK, gutted now :(

I've seen ETID 7 times now, catch them on every tour. Have you seen them before?