The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Final Download announcement this afternoon at 3pm. 40+ bands.

EDIT:

Some have just been leaked...Corrosion of Conformity, Yellowcard, FFAF, 36 Crazyfists, Suicidal Tendencies & Lacuna Coil.

Edited by Dead Mike

Slayer sounding like good Slayer would be fine, but they havent released any really great songs in years. Bolt Thrower knew to bow out once they couldn't better former glories, but if people are still buying new albums then i can't really argue.

There's a new Ufomammut album out, if you like a good dose of psychedelics in your doom metal then check it out as it's probably their best yet.

Final Download announcement this afternoon at 3pm. 40+ bands.

EDIT:

Some have just been leaked...Corrosion of Conformity, Yellowcard, FFAF, 36 Crazyfists, Suicidal Tendencies & Lacuna Coil.

27 in total, and the final batch of additions:

Suicidal Tendencies, Blues Pills, Corrosion of Confomity, Funeral For A Friend, 36 Crazyfists, Carcass, Yellowcard, Lacuna Coil, Krokodil, Antemasque, Three Days Grace, Malefice, The Wild Lies, Upon A Burning Body, September Mourning, Von Hertzen Brothers, The Qemists, Colour Of Noise, LTNT, Fidlar, Get Hot, E Of E, The Struts, Like A Storm, The Cadillac Three, The Lounge Kittens and Chunk, No, Captain Chunk!

The final poster with all the stage splits:

B5E872DC-C295-4F03-B487-FB6405769221_zps

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Just incase you missed it Green Day played for the first time in over 20 years as the original band 'Sweet Children' to mark there HOF induction last night. They held a show as 'Green Day' on Thursday in House Of Blues, Sweet Children where the support act whereby the original drummer played with the band, he left and on came the Green Day drummer. 

Reviews where superb, apprently one of the most rough crowds ever though.
Catch some videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPPVvq41QLQ

What I'd have given to be there!

Edited by seanz25

Download Line up for Sunday is looking top notch. I've had an early look on Clashfinder and there is already a fair few clashing which I want to see. As long as I get to see Kiss, Motley Crüe, L7 and We Are Harlot I will be a happy man.

Been listening to a band lower on the bill called Code Orange, can't work out whether I like them or not

• Paid Members

The Saturday at Download this year might be my favourite festival day ever. Going off the rough clashfinder that's online (based on previous years) my day's looking like -

Heart of a Coward, FFAF, Mallory Knox, Stray From The Path, Rise Against, ADTR, Every Time I Die, Body Count - MUSE

Tremendous.

Have I missed something? How long have Bring Me The Horizon being holding a sub headliner spot? Especially to the likes of Metallica.

Or have I just underestimated their popularity?

Speaking of Metallica, I really wish they would skip coming over every summer and get the new album done. Kirk recently said in an interview that he had lost his iphone which had 250 riff demos on it and he hadn't backed them up. Unless they're swerving us and it's done already, it won't be out this year which will have been over 7 years since Death Magnetic

Have I missed something? How long have Bring Me The Horizon being holding a sub headliner spot? Especially to the likes of Metallica.

Or have I just underestimated their popularity?

Speaking of Metallica, I really wish they would skip coming over every summer and get the new album done. Kirk recently said in an interview that he had lost his iphone which had 250 riff demos on it and he hadn't backed them up. Unless they're swerving us and it's done already, it won't be out this year which will have been over 7 years since Death Magnetic

I'm slightly irritated that BMTH are supporting Metallica as I'm only going for that day. They're proper shite and I saw them on the main stage 2 years ago when I was there for the full weekend. Can't complain too much though as its a cracking Saturday line up otherwise. Just hoped for a slightly better support act! Personally think they should swap BMTH and Mastodon.