Rey_Piste Posted May 29, 2015 Posted May 29, 2015 Bearing in mind that I saw the Defiled about 4 years ago before they were actually signed and the venue wasn't all that good as far as the sound either. I did spend a good chunk of the prior week having their songs playing in the car. I am just not a fan of metalcore, it seemed like every time they were building up to something heavy the song went really melodic and wet, just falling flat to me. Quote
sammorgz Posted May 30, 2015 Posted May 30, 2015 Ghost - Meliora, the new album out August 21st. The Metropolis themed cover looks fucking boss. Can't wait for this, easily one of my favourite bands of the last few years. I can't wait for this. Huge Ghost fan. Very much looking forward to seeing them at Reading. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 30, 2015 Posted May 30, 2015 You seen them before? I reckon they'll do a proper headline tour over here next year. They've played the odd single shows and did the Jagermiester tour thing but they're still to have a prolonged headline tour of their over here yet. They're also going to be releasing another covers EP either late this year or early 2016. I love that cover so much. Like I said before with the Metropolis theme but forming the shape of the skull with papal headgear also. I want a print of it Quote
sammorgz Posted May 30, 2015 Posted May 30, 2015 Sadly not mate. I've only gotten into them in the last 6 months or so. Really hoping they put on a good show at Reading but I'm definitely holding out for headline tour too. It's a fantastic cover. Ghost really do have some lovely artwork attached to the band. What are you expecting from this album? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 30, 2015 Posted May 30, 2015 I'm expecting something heavier than Infestissumam. That was still a great album but it was certainly much more subdued than Opus Eponymous. The second album was more focused on the use of organ and other sounds rather than just the core band. With the repackaging (to borrow some wrestling jargon) of Papa Emeritus on each album, it gives each album it's own identity, and I think they may go heavier and a touch faster this time round. I'm not expecting them to suddenly be playing at Slayer speed or anything though You should check out Repugnant, who Tobias Forge (the man behind the Papa Emeritous persona) fronted on their album 'Epitome of Darkness'. It's a great death metal album. Might even go give it a whirl now Quote
sammorgz Posted May 30, 2015 Posted May 30, 2015 Yeah I'm expecting it to be a heavy affair too. Very interested to hear what they do. Will check them out mate. Sounds good to me! Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 31, 2015 Posted May 31, 2015 Well if you want to hear a new track, they've just uploaded 'Circle: Soulfly have announced a UK tour to co inside with the release of their 10th album, 'Archangel': Jul 25: London O2 Academy Islington Jul 26: Cardiff Globe Jul 27: Birmingham O2 Academy 2 Jul 28: Manchester Club Academy Jul 29: Sheffield Corporation Jul 30: Stoke Sugarmill Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 31, 2015 Author Paid Members Posted May 31, 2015 Yeh, im getting down to the Cardiff show. 10th album though, fuck me. I remember travelling to Cardiff on the Stage Coach to buy the 1st album on release day, time flies. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 31, 2015 Posted May 31, 2015 Longest gap between albums was between 'Dark Ages' (2005) and 'Conquer' (2008). I've not listened to them properly since 'Primative' Quote
Rey_Piste Posted May 31, 2015 Posted May 31, 2015 I don't think I've heard anything from them since 3 came out. Part of the reason for that was Max being a miserable prick when I met him. I won a competition on the Roadrunner site to meet the band backstage, watch the sound check and get some signed merch. Being a big Sepultura fan I couldn't wait to meet Max, all he did was come into the green room where the rest of the band were chilling out. The tour manager handed me a pre-signed CD, a tour tee with a couple of stickers and a patch. Max posed for one photo and disappeared back to wherever he was hiding out. I must have spent about 5 minutes in the green room with him, but there were 5 competition winners, so it was only around a minute each. Watching the sound check was dull it was just the band and roadies, Max didn't bother coming out. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 31, 2015 Author Paid Members Posted May 31, 2015 i'll always have a soft spot for Max. Sepultura is the band that really turned me onto heavier music, it was them and Pantera, but Sepultura was the one i really became a 'fan' of, it was shortly after Roots came out and i went on a mission to track down all their stuff. Putting Morbid Visions on at a young age and never having heard death metal before was a bit of an eye opener, it scared the fucking shit out of me. As for Soulfly, for me they've gotten better as they've gone along. I've mentioned it on here before but since they've had Marc Rizzo in the band (since the 4th album Conquer) they are just a different animal, im fairly certain he's the dude writing everything these days (even though it's all credited to Max)...he's in Max's Cavalera Conspiracy band too. Another thing im fairly certain of is Max not playing his guitar live, he just stands there, pretends to play and screams the words, he's a bit of a mess really. It's a weird thing, but Rizzo makes up for it because he's a fucking shredder. Quote
sammorgz Posted May 31, 2015 Posted May 31, 2015 Well if you want to hear a new track, they've just uploaded 'Circle: Soulfly have announced a UK tour to co inside with the release of their 10th album, 'Archangel': Jul 25: London O2 Academy Islington Jul 26: Cardiff Globe Jul 27: Birmingham O2 Academy 2 Jul 28: Manchester Club Academy Jul 29: Sheffield Corporation Jul 30: Stoke Sugarmill Was actually coming in here to post that myself! What do you think? I like it. That guitar riff is crunching. It's a bit of a blend of the two albums. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 1, 2015 Posted June 1, 2015 Like it a lot. Really like that intro too, simple though it may be I thought it sounded quite brooding. Roll on August Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 1, 2015 Author Paid Members Posted June 1, 2015 this muthafucker hits the UK in November... 11/21: WAL, Newport Centre11/22: ENG, Plymouth Pavillion11/24: ENG, Manchester Apollo11/25: SCO, Glasgow Academy11/27: ENG, Birmingham Academy11/28: ENG, Leeds Academy11/30: ENG, Brixton Academy in. Quote
Rey_Piste Posted June 1, 2015 Posted June 1, 2015 I'm currently trying to pin down mates who want to go to the Plymouth show. I've not heard of the band who aren't Anthrax what is their name? I can't really tell from the typeface they use. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.