The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Vacant Stare were really underrated, they started out as a proper nu-metal type affair, fast and heavy with the rap-type vocals but they progressed into something far more interesting, the album they put out is really good, it's got a mix of the older rap-metal they used to do melded with the more progressive stuff they did. I still listen to it now.

pick it up for 1p used over on the amazon market place :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

anyone heard Times of Grace yet?

ive heard the track that came on the free cd that came with Metal Hammer, it was pretty good but as expected. If anyone preffered Jesse Leech singing for Killswitch Engage you're probably gonna love it, but i was expecting something a little different.

I'll still get the album when i can.

anyone heard Times of Grace yet?

ive heard the track that came on the free cd that came with Metal Hammer, it was pretty good but as expected. If anyone preffered Jesse Leech singing for Killswitch Engage you're probably gonna love it, but i was expecting something a little different.

I'll still get the album when i can.

Wasn't he the guy from Glassjaw? They were all right likes. But KSE I never got at all, metalcore-meh, mind you I'm biased.

Right folks, I'm looking for advice for some of our London metal fans.

I'm heading to Sonisphere this year, but the other half refuses to camp out at the event, saying the toilets etc will be too much to stomach.

This leaves me needing a very basic, cheap hotel. Problem is, most of the hotels in Stevenage have been hired by the event organisers and are being rented as part of the Rock Royalty deal.

Is there anywhere nearby (within a short train/bus journey) that could be the answer to my problems?

Last year I think it was 1 or 2 months beforehand.

Although Sonispheres camping capacity is just under its arena capacity so if the camping sells out there wont be any day tickets.

Also if you are planning on going on the Friday for the Big 4 sonisphere have said they probably wont be doing day tickets for the friday at all