Post of the Year 2010 Now Online

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Can I do a group Nomination for Mr Seven's World Cup summary post's! Informative, yet funny! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'd go for this too. Simple, straight to the point, yet very informative for those of us with only the occasional interest in football.

I'll third this.

Great stuff from Mr Seven.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Someone needs to nominate a single post.

OK, then I nominate this one.

BOOM!

Day Eight

Winners

The viewers

p_2755751.jpg

As hoped, the second round of group matches has brought with them a palpable sense of excitement, with the Slovenia/USA match in particular arguably producing the best contest of the tournament thus far.

Algeria

Looking nothing like the team that were put to the sword by Ireland a few weeks ago, the Algerians played with ambition and conviction. Unfair critics will accuse them of packing ten behind the ball and suffocating England, but those critics will likely be bitter England fans. In truth, Algeria gave England a game and but for a decent striker things could have been even worse for Fabio Capello's men.

Serbia

Serbias-Milan-Jovanovic-s-005.jpg

Rode their luck and won ugly, tearing Group D wide open in the process.

Nemanja Vidic

Following his recent escape in the Carling Cup final and today's Superman impression to concede the penalty; does Vidic have some dirt on referees that keeps him from getting sent off?

Landon Donovan

Carried his team on his shoulders and deserves a better club than L.A. Galaxy. Let's hope he returns to the Premier League soon.

Losers

England

carragher-jamie100618xl.jpg

Ouch. Perhaps the most worrying (and unsurprising) thing about England's rotten brand of football is their inability to play together as a team. Make no mistake, this is a collection of selfish individuals determined to get their names on the scoresheet and photograph in the paper. By contrast, USA, who every English pundit will tell you are a far inferior team to England, rose above their perceived weaknesses in both their games so far, united as a team to overcome the obstacles that lay before them.

A great football team isn't necessarily eleven world class players, but eleven men who can operate together in sync and fight for one another. On the basis of their World Cup campaign thus far, England are drowning in a sea of ego, poor tactics and curious team selections. They go into their final game against Slovenia next Wednesday needing to win (or draw depending on how things fare for USA) and should they produce a performance similar to their first three hours of this World Cup, they will be watching the second round from the comfort of their hotel rooms.

Fabio Capello

Not the birthday surprise he would have wanted.

Wayne Rooney

England-v-Algeria-Rooney-006.jpg

Dismal and anonymous, the "white Pele" stormed off the field mouthing "It's nice to be booed by your own fans eh?" after the final whistle. While booing your own team is pretty ugly behaviour, the travelling fans will have spent an awful lot of money for the privilege of seeing their country woefully underperform and are perhaps entitled to vent their frustrations.

Alan Hansen

Made a big deal of sarcastically mocking the Slovenia/USA match before a ball was even kicked. Roy Hodgson dared to suggest it would be an entertaining game, cue Hansen and his childish bullshit. Of course, this being BBC, he wasn't the only pundit to behave like a cretin

It could have been any of them really, as I've found them all to be engaging, considered, and well written.

I like that there's an interspersion of humour, without it coming to the detriment of an informative post. I like the snapshot style that Seven adopts for most of his points; he knows that less is often more.

I've found these posts particularly helpful and always stop to read them. They could quite easily be placed on a "professional's" site and not look out of place at all.

Great posts Bowdown.gif

Cheers man, I appreciate the feedback. I've been doing them for a mates' blog (hence the occasional accompanying of pictures when I copy and paste directly from the site) mostly for fun but also so I have something to write over the summer while I'm off uni. It can sometimes be a chore considering either 1: Lack of quality games (for instance Paraguay/Japan at the moment) or 2: having to write them while drunk after a night out, but overall it's been enjoyable. I am blatantly ripping off Football365's "Winners and Losers" section that they do for the Premier League but actually haven't done for the World Cup, sadly, but yeah they all be my opinions yo.

Speaking of...

As it stands, they still have a chance to progress, but there could be some last minute melodrama. Fitting.

And there literally was!

Used to trawl adultwork and punternet for the lolz. The two classics were the girl who offers sloppy seconds (where you pay extra to see her just after her boyfriend has made a mess all up in there) and the girl who sold pots of her shit, suggesting that you put it in the microwave and have a "NICE HOT SHITTY WANK XXX".

Marvelous.

Her local post office must hate her.

From the adultwork thread.

• Paid Members

Cleetus Van Damme's post about the Lesnar/Carwin fight. I'd quote it but it's got spoilers. It's the one that end with "Dana out, Heyman in"

The post TripleA is talking about, and it has spoilers about last night's UFC.

UFC 116 Spoilers

Okay, you've been warned.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Good show, ruined by awful booking. Are we really supposed to suspend our disbelief that much that we'll believe that the champ can take 50odd punches to the head and get up and be fine?. Lesnar's selling was atrocious, the way he was running around SMILING not 10 second's after the match was over just completely buried poor Carwin who had carried the workload for most of the match. With Brock's political power and backstage pull i can see this reign of terror easily lasting another 6 month's at least. As if all that wasn't enough they fucking tried to turn Brock face! you have a 265lb monster who's drew more money than any heel you've ever had, and now he's a white meat "i'm so humble" face, disgusting.

Dana out. Heyman in. That's the only way this company can be saved.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And I'm seconding it.

The post TripleA is talking about, and it has spoilers about last night's UFC.

UFC 116 Spoilers

Okay, you've been warned.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Good show, ruined by awful booking. Are we really supposed to suspend our disbelief that much that we'll believe that the champ can take 50odd punches to the head and get up and be fine?. Lesnar's selling was atrocious, the way he was running around SMILING not 10 second's after the match was over just completely buried poor Carwin who had carried the workload for most of the match. With Brock's political power and backstage pull i can see this reign of terror easily lasting another 6 month's at least. As if all that wasn't enough they fucking tried to turn Brock face! you have a 265lb monster who's drew more money than any heel you've ever had, and now he's a white meat "i'm so humble" face, disgusting.

Dana out. Heyman in. That's the only way this company can be saved.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And I'm seconding it.

241298_o.gif

Archived