F1 2011/ Motor Racing Thread

patiirc

As I mentioned before this wont last. BBC will vastly out Sky, If Monaco or Silverstone was and most likely are going to be shown on sky the rating will be shit compared to say the Indian GP on BBC. I cant see barely any fans purchasing SKY to watch the F1. The f1 channel was cheap enough back in the day and no fucker bought that. A1 no fucker was interested in that, maybe if it was on the BBC or Freeview.

Sky has a habbit of sucking the life out of enjoyable sports like F1.

Its just one year of shit on SKY it wont last or ill eat my hat (and saying i own a trilby the misses bought as a joke present I aint gunna be eating that fucker).

bring on tomorrow. COME ON HAMILTON AND BUTTON go out in style.

What was more shocking that these young pubs are bring their own money into the team to help them get a place which was bang out of order even one of the commentators was pissed to find out money comes over tallent which these young pups.

Dark days for F1 in 2012

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I mentioned before this wont last. BBC will vastly out Sky, If Monaco or Silverstone was and most likely are going to be shown on sky the rating will be shit compared to say the Indian GP on BBC. I cant see barely any fans purchasing SKY to watch the F1. The f1 channel was cheap enough back in the day and no fucker bought that. A1 no fucker was interested in that, maybe if it was on the BBC or Freeview.

Sky has a habbit of sucking the life out of enjoyable sports like F1.

Its just one year of shit on SKY it wont last or ill eat my hat (and saying i own a trilby the misses bought as a joke present I aint gunna be eating that fucker).

I'm in no way a big fan of F1 moving to Sky from next year, but I can't help but think that you're wrong. With Sky setting up a channel for F1 so that it doesn't get thrown around the sports channels because of football etc, it shows to me that they're taking this seriously. Even if people don't purchase Sky to watch F1, there will be people who are going to do that. If you scour around forums, Twitter etc. once you get past the people endlessly saying "No to Sky, Yes to FTA/RTL in 2012" to deaf ears, you see that people are realising that this is the situation we have, and we have to get used to that.

F1 Digital was nowhere near cheap at

What was more shocking that these young pubs are bring their own money into the team to help them get a place which was bang out of order even one of the commentators was pissed to find out money comes over tallent which these young pups.

Dark days for F1 in 2012

Very few drivers outside of the top 3 or 4 teams are actually paid a decent wage by the team to drive the car. Most fund the drive themselves, or through sponsorship. It's nothing new, and if anything, is less prominent in F1 than other motor sports.

I have a suspicion Force India are going to come of age next year, a little like 2009 for Red Bull. They've just looked surprisingly fast at times this season, and both Sutil and DiResta are class drivers. If they go with Hulkenberg, even better!

I reckon 4th place in the constructors is even possible.

The Iceman, Kimi Raikkonen is back in F1 with Lotus Renault. Great to see, he's my favourite driver behind Button.

Why's he crawling back to F1, did his rally career not go very well?

He didn't give a shit really. Crashed a lot early on, lost interest and didn't even bother turning up to a couple of rounds this year that he was supposed to drive in. He was only there in the first place because he couldn't get a seat in a top F1 team, and his Red Bull sponsorship enabled him a free drive in the WRC. As far as I know, it was only ever a temporary thing.

Archived