MMA: Past Fight Discussion

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I think my first WEC show was 34. Safe to say I was hooked from then on. There was usually at least one killer fight on each show from 34 onwards. Right up until 53, the last show.

WEC 41 is among my absolute favourite MMA shows ever. Not unlike Pride Bushido 9 in that pretty much every single fight was enjoyable and there's a couple of belters on there (Brown vs Faber 2 and Jorgensen vs Banuelos 1).

WEC 50 isn't far behind either. Pickett vs Jorgensen and Pettis vs Roller especially are fucking awesome.

48 was tremendous as well. Kind of let down by the top two fights being a bit anti-climatic with Aldo vs Faber being complete one way traffic and Bendo vs Cerrone 2 ending so quickly when everyone was expecting another classic. But they still weren't bad fights and the undercard more than made up for it. I love Zombie vs Garcia. I'll have to stick it on again soon actually.

The two Cerrone vs Varner fights were great. Cerrone vs McCullough was a wild and entertaining war as well, whichever show that was from (it's on the Best Of WEC DVD).

Just a magical promotion to follow. I think I got in at the perfect time to really appreciate WEC. I still miss it even though I still get to see most of the WEC guys fight regularly in the UFC. I loved the way the shows were presented. I liked the cool blue canvas, loved Joe Martinez as ring announcer (pisses all over Bruce Buffer IMO), loved the commetary from Todd Harris and Frank Mir/Stephan Bonnar, I liked the opening montage and even the on screen graphics and stuff.

And also -

WEC Brittany Palmer;

brittney_palmer.jpg

UFC Brittany Palmer;

Brittney-palmer-before-after-surgery.jpg

I miss WEC :(

WEC highlight;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=DFVOy_Rc-eU

• Paid Members

UFC Brittany Palmer" looks a bit better.

In the words of John McEnroe - YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!

She looks like her face is paralysed now. I wasn't a fan of the concrete looking tits she always had but she looked really pretty before. Now she looks a bit scary. It really is a shame she felt she needed it done, or wanted it done. She looked 100x better before.

Her surgeon should be shot with a water pistol filled with diarreah and vomit on a daily basis forever.

She looks like her face is paralysed now. 

http://instagram.com/brittneypalmer

No taste Wand, no taste

WEC Brittany is perfect! In the interest of debate who is the hottest female linked with MMA? Either fighter, ring girl or broadcaster.

Carly Baker in my favorite, with Palmer and Rochelle Leah close behind 

Fighters? Ronda, Gina or Tate. Close call

Hottest male fighter has to be the guy in my sig.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

http://instagram.com/brittneypalmer

No taste Wand, no taste

All airbrushed to fuck. If you see her at weigh ins and cageside you see how different she looks now. Not saying she's ugly now, but compared to how she looked before, there was just no need to mess with her face at all. If it ain't broke and that.

Like the old Sir Mix-A-Lot song says - "I ain't talkin' 'bout Playboy, 'cause silicone parts are made for toys."

Speaking of that song, why have none of the ring girls got a proper arse on them? Arianny's is flat as a card. Even the Brazilian girls don't have much going on back there, and Brazil is the arse capital of the universe, Brazil and Cuba. Going to Brazil and sticking flat-arsed girls out there is a slap in the face to that country, way worse than anything Chael P ever said about them.

Hottest male fighter has to be the guy in my sig.

Thought you'd have gone Pettis. Franky's braces do it for you then?

Fittest MMA woman - I'd have to say Carly Baker is up there. Jim's right about one thing at least. If we extend it to include fighter wives then Shogun did fucking well for himself, as did BJ Penn. There was a dark haired female journalist who was fit as well, but I don't remember her name and she doesn't seem to cover MMA anymore. Think she worked for ESPN.

If I could build a woman (would be a bit weird and Ed Gein-ish but I'll roll with it) out of the MMA lot, I'd go;

Face - WEC Brittney (why did she have to ruin it?)

Tits - Carly Baker or Arianny (fake but not bad fake)

Arse (and arse only) - Bethe Correia

Personality/Voice - Joanne Calderwood

• Paid Members

there's something about Joanne Calderwood, i think it's the voice.

I was big into Rachelle Leah in the pre-Arriany days, she kinda went shit too though.

...and i have to say, i have a soft spot for Jade Bryce over in Bellator:

creer-un-forum-supprimer-les-publicites.

Fucking hell, EBB just put a spanner in the works. Maybe Jade Bryce is the P4P fittest

Wand- Franky Shams had a body to die for in the mid-90's. Plus, he has nicer hair than Pettis. Franky Shams wins.

I will keep an eye out for Palmer on the next UFC show, I will hold you accountable if she has dropped in standard. Ignorance is bliss, and you might have spoiled it.

• Paid Members

I noticed them, Ebb ;)

Anyway...

Back to past fights, here's a cool little quote from Melvin Manhoef on fighting Mark Hunt. Topical as well, given Hunt's weight is the subject.

Manhoef;

"I was eating chocolate cake and (my manager) called me, 'Hey, do you want to fight Mark Hunt?'" he told MMAjunkie.

Manhoef didn't even need to put down his cake to do the math on fighting "The Super Samoan."

"I said, 'Man, that guy is like 140 kilos (300-plus pounds) or something. I'm 88 kilos. How do you want me to do that?'" he remembers. "(My manager) dropped the subject, but five minutes later, he said, 'You know, I was working in a bar, and one of my friends was there with his wife. And this big huge guy touched his wife, her butt and her tits. And my friend did nothing. What would you do?'

"I said to him, 'Man! I would really f-ck that big guy up if he touched my wife!' And (my manager) said, 'Yeah, that guy is Mark Hunt! So you can fight him.' Then he called the promotion and told them that I'd be fighting. He tricked me into taking that fight."

Hunt, who headlines Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 52 event opposite Roy Nelson, never got the chance to use his bulk when they met on New Year’s Eve at Dynamite!! 2008. Manhoef fired two well-timed punches at the MMA and kickboxing vet and knocked him out cold in 18 seconds.

“The left punch hit him so hard that his whole back and everything was shaking,” he said. ” That fight is very memorable to me."