DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

On a wedding kick, I did catch I Love You, Man on the telly and I really loved that. I should have watched that again rather than The Hangover II.

I love this film so much. Saw it at the cinema by accident when something else wasn't on, and have probably watched it thirty times since. An unbelievable laugh-per-scene ratio. A seemingly limitless string of one-off gags from Pete, virtually everything Paul Rudd says is effortlessly funny; snake a brew, city slicka, go home and get some bjs, I could go on and on. And the big gags are amazing. Slappin' the bass makes me piss myself every time, and the drunk conversations they have at the restaurant (including the Andre voices) are just awesome. The chemistry between Rudd and Seagel is brilliant, and you'd bang Rashida Jones all day long.

Because it was a big release, it's not so much overrated as under-praised. Medium-to-big budget but still piss funny, a real rarity these days.

• Paid Members

Richie, there was a bunch of old horror films on BBC2 over Christmas, and they might still be on the iPlayer - The Leopard, Cat People and I Walked With A Zombie. I downloaded them all to my iPlayer desktop, can't wait to see Cat People again especially.

Richie, there was a bunch of old horror films on BBC2 over Christmas, and they might still be on the iPlayer - The Leopard, Cat People and I Walked With A Zombie. I downloaded them all to my iPlayer desktop, can't wait to see Cat People again especially.

Excellent, thanks very much.

I

Headed into town first thing this morning to spend some of my christmas money on the new Arrow Video release of Frankenhooker.

havnt watched the film yet, but the special features are brilliant, very fun interviews with Heinenlotter and James Lorenz. if the footage of the film is as clean as the clips int he making of, this could be one of the best re-masters Arrow have done.

• Paid Members

Watched Friends with Kids last night which was yet another Hollywood movie with that Chris O Dowd fella. It was quite charming but not too dissimilar from The Switch about friends who took forever to realise how much they cared. Aaah.

Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx

It's been a while since I sat back and enjoyed some good old fashioned Japanese exploitation (I'm guessing my last experience was the first three Female Prisoner #701 films) so I treated myself to the Lone Wolf and Cob box set and the first two films in the series failed to disappoint.

I healthy dose of old fashioned blood splattering that comes highly recommended.

Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx

It's been a while since I sat back and enjoyed some good old fashioned Japanese exploitation (I'm guessing my last experience was the first three Female Prisoner #701 films) so I treated myself to the Lone Wolf and Cob box set and the first two films in the series failed to disappoint.

I healthy dose of old fashioned blood splattering that comes highly recommended.

I love the Lone Wolf and Cub series. I recently watched through all 6 of the films, and they are brilliant. I think the gore spewing effects on Kill Bill are directly lifted out of this series. Fantastic collection of films.

Dare I ask if you watched them subbed or dubbed?

• Paid Members

My Brother being the awesome person that he is got me a new media player for Christmas and managed to track down about 500 films to put on a hard drive for me so i'm working my way through them at the minute. The thought thats gone into some of his selections is amazing, Some James Stewart classics, Best of the Best 1 and 2, some great films ive been moaning about not having seen in a while (Angel Heart, Very Bad Things, Best Laid Plans, Escape from Alcatraz, Princess of Darkness, Monkey Shines, Martin. Hes even got me VHS rips of the original unaltered Star Wars trilogy on there. Ive been in film nerd heaven over christmas

Richie, have you seen Tcharonsako's obscure horror film Fire and Love? You'd love it. Or maybe the 1919 film Arson Horse by the notorious reclusive director Mr. Faakn Baas?

Edited by Trevor