DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

After seeing Rise of the Planet of the apes (which was excellent), I picked up the boxset of the original films. Id only seen the first one before but found myself enjoying all of the following movies, I especially enjoyed the final 2 films, Conquest and Battle.

My order of favourites of the original 5.

Hanna. Ugh. I just didn't like it. It started off well, then got a bit better, then it introduced a pointless and annoying little fuck of an English actress, then I stopped caring and then got bored. Plus I despise Cate Blanchett (who didn't really seem to know what accent she was supposed to have). I don't know what it is about her, her deep voice maybe. Or the fact she has a face like, like a... SHE'S FUCKING UGLY.

Anyway, to summarise. Film started off well, get's boring, annoying people, Blanchett is rank.

Edited by Steve Justice

Chloe-w/ Amanda Seyfried, Liam Neeson, and Julianne Moore. Moore and Neeson play a married couple, Moore suspects Neeson is having a affair and hires prostitute Seyfried to catch him out.

Really enjoyable, far better than i expected. Seyfried really suprised me, she plays the quietly f'd up prossie to perfection.

• Paid Members
After seeing Rise of the Planet of the apes (which was excellent), I picked up the boxset of the original films. Id only seen the first one before but found myself enjoying all of the following movies, I especially enjoyed the final 2 films, Conquest and Battle.

Fortunately you'd already seen the first, so knew the twist at the end, but had you not, would you have been pissed off at THE MASSIVE FUCKING SPOILER ON THE FRONT COVER?

• Paid Members
Fortunately you'd already seen the first, so knew the twist at the end, but had you not, would you have been pissed off at THE MASSIVE FUCKING SPOILER ON THE FRONT COVER?

Ha ha, excellent point!

I guess it's such an iconic film moment that they figure virtually everyone knows by now anyway, but it is still a bit silly.

• Paid Members

NO NO NO NO. There is no Planet Of The Apes Code. If there was then it would be 1 and then the rest in equal order of shiteness (new one notwithstanding).

I've just finshed watching Roy "Chubby" Brown in U.F.O, it's one of those films that as a teenager i fucking loved(much like Chubby's stand-up) but i'd not watched it or indeed any of his stand-up in years mainly cos i'd reached the conclusion that once you've seen one his shows you've seen them all.

That said however i still think this movie is decent. The plot for anyone who hasn't seen it is basically that he gets kidnapped by a bunch of females from the future where woman rule the universe who put him on trail for "Crimes against women" or being a cunt to put it another way and erm... that's about it really.

As a sci-fi spoof i think it holds up quite well and it's certainly funnier than shite like Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie/Any of those other crap "Comedies" that get spewed out every year. There's some great references to various Sci-Fi movies and TV shows like Star Trek, Alien and Doctor Who and there are some genuinely funny moments in the film.

It's on Youtube if anyone fancies giving it a watch and it's only an hour and fifteen minutes long so it doesn't exactly drag on for ages.

• Paid Members
I've just finshed watching Roy "Chubby" Brown in U.F.O, it's one of those films that as a teenager i fucking loved(much like Chubby's stand-up) but i'd not watched it or indeed any of his stand-up in years mainly cos i'd reached the conclusion that once you've seen one his shows you've seen them all.

That said however i still think this movie is decent. The plot for anyone who hasn't seen it is basically that he gets kidnapped by a bunch of females from the future where woman rule the universe who put him on trail for "Crimes against women" or being a cunt to put it another way and erm... that's about it really.

As a sci-fi spoof i think it holds up quite well and it's certainly funnier than shite like Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie/Any of those other crap "Comedies" that get spewed out every year. There's some great references to various Sci-Fi movies and TV shows like Star Trek, Alien and Doctor Who and there are some genuinely funny moments in the film.

It's on Youtube if anyone fancies giving it a watch and it's only an hour and fifteen minutes long so it doesn't exactly drag on for ages.

Whilst I like most of his stand up, when I watched the film (admittedly years ago) I thought it was shite. I just remember it as a lazy excuse for putting a load of his gags into a narrative.

Weird Science - Bill Paxton and Anthony Michael Hall deliver the comic timing's of genius in this flick. Never gets old...

I do love Bill Paxton. Damn this not being in any of my 80s boxed sets.

American Psycho. I remember trying to watch this some years ago, but couldn't get into it. Tried again last night. Wow. That is a brilliant and crazy fucking film. Bale is fantastic, even amusing in parts.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Unless I missed something, am I to assume that we don't actually know whether he committed the murders or whether it is all in his head?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();