DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Watched Limitless the other night which was actually a lot more fun than I was expecting it to be. I'll watch anything with De Niro and Bradley Cooper is growing on me all the time. It's not Oscar-worthy or anything, but it's a very fun film to sit back and chill to.

Also watched World's Greatest Dad which was another good'un. Very strong showing from Robin Williams and the kid from Spy Kids was pretty funny. Plus, Alexie Gilmore is very scrummy.

Edited by Slapnut

I have had the latest Rambo on my DVR for a while to watch, since it was on Channel 5 I think, but I can't get motivated to take the time.

Is it worth it, or should I just hit the delete button? I haven't seen any of the others, does that make a difference (I was thinking at the time it might be a kind of reboot, where I wouldn't have needed to watch any of the others)?

It depends really. It's no where near the level of First Blood Part 1, but it's not a bad story and plenty of nice deaths and nasty snidy characters. Alright for a day where you just want to watch someone nasty die, but don't expect anything remotely moving.

Lego Star Wars: The Padawan Menace.

Just watched this on youtube, its not great quality but its there alright.

Hilarious and mesmerising the humour is straight out of the games which are amongst the funniest games Ive played and was

Really, really enjoyed it, better than the Family Guy spoofs tbh

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The Darth Vader/George Lucas bits had me crying with laughter. A forlorn figure indeed :p

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Off to find a download now :p

• Paid Members
I have had the latest Rambo on my DVR for a while to watch, since it was on Channel 5 I think, but I can't get motivated to take the time.

Is it worth it, or should I just hit the delete button? I haven't seen any of the others, does that make a difference (I was thinking at the time it might be a kind of reboot, where I wouldn't have needed to watch any of the others)?

Well the first half is like some absolutely awful document of war crimes and human rights abuses that will depress the hell out of you with it's relentless and incredbily realistic depiction of absolutely brutal violence against innocent and defenceless men, women and children. Then in the second half Rambo turns up and kills them all with a machine gun.

I watched Super last night. It's got a few sparks of goodness and starts out like something that would become a cult comedy, but then devolves into a confused mess. It stars Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office, and one of the reasons I watched the film) as normal-guy-turned-real-life-superhero and Ellen Page as his sidekick. Rainn Wilson's character becomes increasingly difficult to empathise with as he becomes more and more psychotic and vengeful, and Ellen Page's character is an annoying, sadistic shit pretty much from the get-go.

The balance in tone between dark and comedic is really mismanaged at points and, ultimately, just leaves you feeling bad towards the end and unable to find any of it funny again. That's not helped by the ending, which is meant to be unconventional, but leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

If the director was trying to make an ironic point with this film, I think he was pretty inartful.

Wouldn't recommend this one.

Edited by Vice

But I really really wanted to have sex with Ellen Page in it.

:thumbsup:

I liked Super, The way I felt at the end actually reminded me of how I felt after reading the Kick Ass graphic novel.

It definitely deserved better than its 9 theater release.

Over the last few days ive watched a nice mix of movies.

Yesterday my copy of Terror at the Opera finally arrived, and I think it shot straight in to my top 5 movies of all time. (nothing overtakes Gremlins 1&2, Ghostbusters and The Thing though). Everything about this film felt perfect.

Todays choices started with Mega Piranha, which I picked up from Poundland along with House of the Devil (which was a pretty sweet tribute to 70s horror without it being a rip off, Im looking at you Rob Zombie)

Mega Piranha comes from the same team as Giant Snake, Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus and so forth, so if youve seen any of those, you know what to expect, shitty CGI, bad acting, all of which makes these films so fun to watch.

• Paid Members

rewatched Avatar last night on bluray and i enjoyed it a lot more than the initial time at the cinema. Tried and tested story but perfectly executed. Good shit.

oh and Zoey Saldana's Avatar is mint.

Recently saw Hangover 2 and Horrible Bosses. Horrible Bosses is by far the funniest film I've seen in a while. Such a great cast and Jennifer Aniston is brilliant as the sexually harassing boss. A definite must see.

Having decided to splurge a little I watched Law Abiding Citizen for the first time today. Very good film. Gerard Butler was absolutely superb in his role as th good guy who seems to get more and more evil as the film progresses, and Jamie Foxx I thought did a good job. Nice plot too.

• Moderators
Having decided to splurge a little I watched Law Abiding Citizen for the first time today. Very good film. Gerard Butler was absolutely superb in his role as th good guy who seems to get more and more evil as the film progresses, and Jamie Foxx I thought did a good job. Nice plot too.

But that's the worst film ever?

• Paid Members

Caught Juno on Channel 4 earlier. Forgot how good the film was. Endless quotable lines, 5* performances from all leads, and everyone is just so likeable. A real feel-good romp.