DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

24 for me.

I noticed a few Aronofsky movies in there, which confuses me as "Requiem For A Dream" wasn't in the list, even thought I'm quite sure that Empire ranked it as the greatest movie ever once (I may be wrong about this).

23 for me, I really need to get Cube on DVD. I remember seeing it on Sky movies when it first came out, taping it and showing it everyone. It was just that good.

Watching my first Dario Argento related film tonight, "Demons" (he was producer, but its in the Argento dvd collection series).

edit - Just finished Demons, loved it so much. Got to get more Argento films.

Edited by Kenji Mocko

Waiting for Demons and Demons 2 in the post, haven't seen them in years also amazon actually have newer releases of both films listed for December.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Demons-DVD/dp/B003...5863&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Demons-2-DVD-Asia-...5863&sr=1-4

No idea how they differ from previous releases though.

finally found a decent copy of insidious last, the first hour was great i don't normally jump at films, but this had me jumping a few times, i thought the last 30mins or so of the film it just fell apart abit and it was a real cliche ridden ending, which i sort of expected.

my rating: ***3/4 or **** i carn't decide, if the film didn't fall apart in the final 30mins and had a stronger ending, insidious could have been a classic !!

Waiting for Demons and Demons 2 in the post, haven't seen them in years also amazon actually have newer releases of both films listed for December.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Demons-DVD/dp/B003...5863&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Demons-2-DVD-Asia-...5863&sr=1-4

No idea how they differ from previous releases though.

I watched Demons 1 & 2 not too long ago and recently re-watched Demons with a mate. The first one is tremendous in that 80s horror way but I thought Demons 2 was nothing but a bad Shivers rip-off to be honest. Don't know how the Amazon versions differ (I'd imagine remastered/working from a better print and uncut). I got the first one for a quid in CEX!

Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Watched it last night and have already forgotton a large chunk of what happened in other words typical Michael Bay oh the Fox replacment was hilariously bad and Sam spent a chunk of the film being a total bitch about everything.

KoS Rating 4/10.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The initial attack on the city after the Autobots are "banished" is the only memorable moment in the entire film

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); everything else is simply forgetable or rubbish.

Wish I went to see the new X-Men film instead.

Saw the new Transformers last night and this was a marked improvement over the last one.

Pros:

Cons:-

- Sams girlfriend Rosie Hunter is the worst actress ever.

!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I thought she was better than Megan Fox then again so are most 4 year olds

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

saw The Green Lantern' BEWARE SPOILERS

at the cinema tonight, meh! the whole thing was really underwhelming. It's an origin story so i guess there's always a need to explain what the things all about, and for half hour i was genuinley enjoying it. But the whole thing kinda pegs along with no real story, there's a mad doctor who starts reading people thoughts then does nothing with it and doesn't really have any reason to be a badguy, there's hints of a massive war which never happens, then there's an anti-climatic 5 minute finale. Me and my girlfriend both thought there was about half hour left when it ended.

Maybe i wasnt in the right mood for it, but i just didn't enjoy it.

edit - Just finished Demons, loved it so much. Got to get more Argento films.

everyone should get more Argento films!

He did for suspense horror what Romero did for Zombie films

2 personal favorites of mine are `Opera` and `The Bird with the Crystal Plumage`

Watched The Lincoln Lawyer on Blu Ray last night. Very pretty, and a top notch film to boot, no Matthew McConaughey fan, but I thought he was absolutely excellent as the lead in this and it has a kick ass soundtrack

great film 4/5.

Edited by Cobra1000