DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

I'm not familiar with Say Anything, but I find it hard to believe it's better than Mannequin.

Pretty In Pink is another film where a lot of it just meanders on without anything of worth happens. Dweezil Zappa is in it though, so it does get a +1 for that.

• Paid Members
I'm not familiar with Say Anything, but I find it hard to believe it's better than Mannequin.

I always thought "Mannequin" was an absolutely horrendous film, even when I was a kid. Just horrible.

The second one far surpasses it in terms of awfulness though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Mannequin is fast becoming one of my favourite films. I've watched it 6-7 times in recent months, and it just seems to encapsulate everything I want in a film from the 80s.

• Paid Members
Mannequin is fast becoming one of my favourite films. I've watched it 6-7 times in recent months, and it just seems to encapsulate everything I want in a film from the 80s.

Mannequin is the second best 80s film about having sex with something you shouldn't. Obviously the best is Weekend at Bernies

• Paid Members

So i havent done any film review in a while, mainly as i havent rented any. But TV has kept me busy every sunday for the past 3 weeks with:

Superman

I forgot how much i loved this. To me it was made to be an epic, the opening scences on krypton/Brando/The musical score = all classic stuff. And the Fact He reverses time (no matter how much it didnt reall make sense if you think about it, surely it would mean the rockets are still flying etc), was all pretty cool.

If you have never seen it, its a classic!

Superman 2

Of the 4, this is the second worst in my opinion. I know people may like this one more, but to be honest i got very bored of it and couldnt even finish watching it. I have seen it before, and remember it being much better that it was......but again i didnt like it anywhere near much as the first.

Superman 3

Watched this one yesterday, and i loved this movie. Its not made as an "Epic" like the first movie, but its cracking. The worst bit is its a bit to long, although i cant say how much i love it. Richard Pryor is classic in it, at his comedy best as well as , (for me) a great performance from christopher reeve as "Evil Superman".

If anything the story is a bit random, but for me it worked well. I'm guessing it may leave people saying ,"Whats going on?". But again i loved it!

I wont be watching superman 4, as im aware its terrible!

• Paid Members

Saw Tangled yesterday. My daughter loved it, I wasn't so keen. I'm not a big fan of films that are purely Disney. they lack some of the humour of the Pixar stuff for example. I'm only glad that I (illegally) managed to avoid spunking

• Moderators
Superman 2

Of the 4, this is the second worst in my opinion. I know people may like this one more, but to be honest i got very bored of it and couldnt even finish watching it. I have seen it before, and remember it being much better that it was......but again i didnt like it anywhere near much as the first.

:confused::angry::/:(

Number 2 is totally the best Superman movie.