DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Also I want to hurt Jessie badly and she's all over Toy Story 2. Hateful, hateful character.

I'm sure I've posted this before, but it made me lol so I'll mention it again...

When this first came out, a guy on a forum commented that if Toy Story were real, he'd buy a Jessie Doll and ejaculate all over her face, knowing that she'd have to interact with the other toys and be unable to wipe it off, lest she arouse suspicion. I think this is fair.

I become contemptuous when faced with that vile wench. Especially in 2. She is just SUCH a selfish cunt!! I would have preferred her to have gone the way of Stinky Pete who, as we all know, was in fact Father Christmas.

Also I want to hurt Jessie badly and she's all over Toy Story 2. Hateful, hateful character.

You're telling me you didn't well up during her song about being discarded by her owner? That's the most poignant part of the film!

Add, me to the Serenity isnt very good list. Seen it a few times and does nothing.The first time I fell asleep watching it it held my attention that much.

Didnt watch Firefly previously so not sure what all the fuss is about.

Add, me to the Serenity isnt very good list. Seen it a few times and does nothing.The first time I fell asleep watching it it held my attention that much.

Mystery solved.

Mystery solved.

Quoi? Didnt realise I had to watch something I had a) no access to or b) Didnt have any particular interest in to watch the the bloody film?

Fuck you very much

• Moderators

"This Sporting Life".

One of the best films of the British New Wave, and Richard Harris is fanfuckingtastic in it, it's probably not as good as "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner", but it's still a really tremendous film.

Mystery solved.

Quoi? Didnt realise I had to watch something I had a) no access to or b) Didnt have any particular interest in to watch the the bloody film?

Fuck you very much

Geeze, I think he was just nicely pointing out that whilst Serenity somewhat works as a standalone it really is the last chapter in a big story. And thus the "fuss" was mostly from fans of Firefly who really enjoyed the climax to the story.

No need to act like a little kid over a simple comment.

• Paid Members
patdfb has become intriguingly aggressive over the last week or so. A slow building heel turn to keep an eye on, I reckon.

Nobody's died recently, so he's like a 60-a-day smoker deprived for five minutes.

I liked Serenity, and I've never seen Firefly.

patdfb has become intriguingly aggressive over the last week or so. A slow building heel turn to keep an eye on, I reckon.

Nobody's died recently, so he's like a 60-a-day smoker deprived for five minutes.

I liked Serenity, and I've never seen Firefly.

Plenty of Death including the director of Perfect Blue aged 47,

Satoshi Kon Director of Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, Paranoia Agent, Paprika and animator on Roujin-Z among others died from cancer, suddenly at 47

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Director_...asses_away.html

Perfect Blue's Story line didnt do much for us but was beautifully done.. Shame..

RIP

The anger comes from not suffering fuckwits gladly when Iam in pain. Given that the last 3 weeks have been amongst the worst episodes of pain Ive ever had. My suffering fools gladly bit of my personality has been removed and it makes me somewhat of a snappy lashing out bastard.

So I didnt watch Firefly and didnt enjoy Serenity. I appreciate its the end of a story per se. Still doesnt stop it from being utter donkey balls.

Joss Whedon did a good job of salavaging the mess that was the Alien Resurrection script, so he has done Sci:fi relatively successfully before (apart from the 'baby in AR)

Serenity was not good.

If you watched Godfather 2 without having seen Godfather 1, you might think it lacked a certain something. But it's not built as a standalone work though it CAN we viewed that way.

Not that I'm making a direct comparison of Serenity with The Godfather 2. I think Kenny would call that "expandio ad Coppolum" or somesuch bollocks.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Had one of the best cinema outings ever today as I saw three brilliant films:

The Expendables - It's everything it's supposed to be basically. Terry Crewes' character's weapon is badass.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - Loved every second. Fast paced and hysterical. Never boring. Not just the best film I've seen this year but one of the best films I've ever seen (and I'm not one of those knobs who said that about Inception so I think I deserve a pass there).

Piranha 3D - Like has been said, knew exactly what its fanbase were going to be and just went with it. Completely embraced what it is and, as a result, actually became much better than it had any right to be.

Broke the usual unwritten rule of "anyday but wednesday" and went to the cinema tonight as it was the only day I could get to see Scott Pilgrim. Buy one get one free sure does invite the garbage from my area. Anyway, the film. It was pretty good, not as amazing as a lot of people seem to think, but entertaining. The style is very unique and appealing to my generation. It kinda took a little while to get going I thought but was consistantly funny thoughout, especially Scott's gay roomate who I found hilarious. Most of my friends who read comics only seem to read those that have been or are being made into films, so they were pretty surprised when I said I hadn't read it. So I don't know whats different but I imagine its pretty much exactly the same. Critics of Michael Cera are hardly going to be won over by him here, but he does what he does and I'm a fan from his Arrested Development days. It may have bob-ombed in the US but I think it'll do well here, well worth checking out.

Edited by Harvey Dent