DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

The Loved Ones is FUCKING AMAZING. One of the best horror films that I have seen in absolutely ages and Robin McLeavy is absolutely brilliant in it. Bloody delighted I finally got round to watching it, what a great film.

The Substitute. I've seen this a few times and despite some cheesy fighting scenes it's not a bad flick. Tom Berenger is a Merc who's last mission went a little askew, whilst waiting for things to settle and waiting for more work he goes home to Miami to see his girlfriend. She's a teacher at a rough high school who's had a run in with the main gang. She gets mugged and is forced to take some time off work, Berenger decides to step in and become her substitute teacher. When he gets there he learns that there is more going on than just a few rough gangs, and then kicks the shit out of everyone.

It also stars Ernie Hudson as the school principle. He's fucking stacked in this film.

• Paid Members
The Loved Ones is FUCKING AMAZING. One of the best horror films that I have seen in absolutely ages and Robin McLeavy is absolutely brilliant in it. Bloody delighted I finally got round to watching it, what a great film.

My brother has been banging on at me for ages to watch that and I was put off by it being Australian, might give it a chance if it's FUCKING AMAZING

• Paid Members
What would it being Australian have to do with anything? They've made some excellent horror films and films in general in the last 10 years.

It being Australian is literally the only thing I know about the movie, and while not off-putting enough to make me never want to watch it it does turn me off a little bit. I know Wolf Creek (which was ok) what are the other good Australian horror films?

PS; I love Hugo Weaving and I like Mad Max and Bad Boy Bubby, see not a total racist!

• Paid Members

That still doesn't answer my question as to why it being Australian would put you or anyone else off? Why would anyone choose not to watch a film based on its nationality?

Black Water, Wolf Creek, Rogue, Razorback, The Cars That Ate Paris, Lake Mungo, Patrick, The Tunnel - just a few off the top of my head.

It also stars Ernie Hudson as the school principle. He's fucking stacked in this film.

When was it filmed? If it was around the time he was doing Oz, then he was absolutely ripped. There's quite a few scenes in Oz where he's in the gym pumping iron, and he looks like a heavyweight wrestler.

• Paid Members

I caught that on tv about a year ago. Went in not knowing anything about it. Its a cracking film

I watched a godawful film called Smiley, i should have known to switch off when it first mentioned 4chan but i very stupidly carried on. Absolute shite that one was.

Followed it up with Red Lights, good to see Cillian Murphy actually starring in a film instead of merely passing through but there was too much build up for so little pay off.

• Paid Members
I watched a godawful film called Smiley, i should have known to switch off when it first mentioned 4chan but i very stupidly carried on. Absolute shite that one was.

I saw the trailer for this recently. My main reason for wanting to watch it is that I've long liked the idea of a smiley-faced killer, albeit with a mask like this :) as opposed to the tripped-out Leatherface look that they've gone for.

Edit: Just watched it. You were right; it was a bit poo.

Edited by CuckedByMenry