DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Watched Hall Pass earlier at the cinema and it was much funnier than it had any right to be. Stephen Merchant completely stole the film during the credits.

The clip in question -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW9DTLlMdos

Oh and Jenna Fischer looked ill throughout for some reason. Like she had jaundice.

Edited by TripleA

Watched Hall Pass earlier at the cinema and it was much funnier than it had any right to be. Stephen Merchant completely stole the film during the credits.

The clip in question -

Oh and Jenna Fischer looked ill throughout for some reason. Like she had jaundice.

That's awesome, cheers for posting that as I missed that bit, made a swift exit as soon as it ended. I thought it had some amusing bits, but I soon lost interest in it and couldn't wait for it to end around the time Stephen Merchant stopped being in it. That was about halfway through and from then on it just plodded to it's inevitable obvious conclusion. Fair few laughs in it though and that aussie girl was fit as fuck.

• Paid Members

The clip in question -

hahahaha!

i enjoyed the film, Merchant played himself but he fitted in nicely.

Also got a full on erection in the cinema when Pepper from Neighbours unveiled her tats...fantastic.

could have done without the jacuzzi scene though :confused:

Watched a couple of movies recently...

Down Terrace

Was really quite excited to see this. Billed as a "the best British gangster film in years" / "a british Sopranos" so I was a tad dissapointed to find that the film offered little difference to any other British film coming across as trying a bit too hard. The whole of the first 3/4ers of the movie are based in the same house and i started to get frustrated with it and lose interest, and then it really picked up to an awesome finish. Really decent stuff toward the end, aa solid 7/10.

8 Mile

Not watched this in years and decided i'd give it a re-watch over the weekend. Absolutely loved it the first time round and for that reason, i wish i'd never watched it again. Not a great movie by any stretch, i think i got carried away with all the freestyle and rapping because at least that's awesome! 4/10

Lincoln Lawyer

Watched this last night, really wasn't expecting much but was left pleasantly surprised. The acting among the supporting cast was a bit wooden at times, although a decent enough performance from Matthew McConaughey. Worth a trip to the cinema for a good, original story that doesn't take too much thinking about. 7.5/10

• Paid Members

If it wasn't for the girls and the outfits, Sucker Punch looks like the type of film that I instinctively could take an utter hatred too. Also, Zack Snyder is shit.

• Paid Members
Lincoln Lawyer

Watched this last night, really wasn't expecting much but was left pleasantly surprised. The acting among the supporting cast was a bit wooden at times, although a decent enough performance from Matthew McConaughey. Worth a trip to the cinema for a good, original story that doesn't take too much thinking about. 7.5/10

ive genuinally enjoyed everything ive ever seen McConaughey in...granted i aint seen his rom-com efforts but everything else ive enjoyed, never gets the credit i think he deserves.

• Paid Members

Didn't want to create a new thread for this so it can go in here.... but thought it was pretty funny. Disney are doing an Agatha Christie's Miss Marple film. This is what the character looks like in all movie and TV adaptations, and how she is described in the books.

hicksmcewan440.jpg

So clearly there is only one choice as to who Disney could cast for the role:

Jennifer-Garner-109.JPG

source

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

• Paid Members

V for Vendetta - Gets better with every watch. Didn't really enjoy it first time out coz I was a huge fan of Big Ally Moo-Moo's work, but now I genuinely think it's better than the GN.

The Kings Speech - It was...well...it was stinking, and I didn't enjoy one minute of it. I don't know why Colin Firth was nominated for sounding like a pompous Simple Jack. The missus loved it though...

Lincoln Lawyer

ive genuinally enjoyed everything ive ever seen McConaughey in...granted i aint seen his rom-com efforts but everything else ive enjoyed, never gets the credit i think he deserves.

I was sat in the cinema last night trying to remember the last McConaughey film that was any good (which eventually spawned the My Best Film? thread) and my immediate thought echoed yours, he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Even his rom-com stuff is decent.

• Paid Members
V for Vendetta - Gets better with every watch. Didn't really enjoy it first time out coz I was a huge fan of Big Ally Moo-Moo's work, but now I genuinely think it's better than the GN.

The Kings Speech - It was...well...it was stinking, and I didn't enjoy one minute of it. I don't know why Colin Firth was nominated for sounding like a pompous Simple Jack. The missus loved it though...

v For Vendetta is one of the worst movies ever made. It's in there with X Men 3 and Alien Vs Predator as the biggest missed opportunities in cinema history. It is absolutely unbelievably appalling in every concievable way. It's pretentious, poorly acted, poorly directed...it's a big fucking lump of shit.

The Kings Speech on the other hand is quite good. Colin Firth did alot more with his role than sounding pompous and deserved the praise he got. Not my favorite film of last year by any means but alot better than the above piece of film making cancer.