DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

I watched From Paris with love last night.

Wasn't expecting too much as I knew it was a French production and I'm not really into French style action films (Transporter, Leon etc). Also the main star is John Travolta and he's really hit and miss for me, loved him in Pulp Fiction and especially Face/Off (not easy keeping up with Nicolas Cage). I thought it was really good though, the plot was fast and simple which is how I like my action films Johnathan Rhys Myers was fine in his role but Travolta was awesome, the character was well written but he played it to perfection, he was a proper tough psycho and he really pulled it off, I loved him in it and I'd gladly watch him play that character again.

• Moderators
Up is the only Pixar movie I've liked. Wall-E was bloody terrible.

The first half of Wall-E was quite good.

The first fifteen minutes or so, where he's still on Earth, are every bit as amazing as all the hype. Then it becomes a dull, generic kiddies movie and instantly drops 3 ratings stars.

Watched Napoleon Dynamite last night. I can confidently say that this film is the Citizen Kane of our generation. 5*, 10/10. Excellent from top to bottom.

Seriously?

Piss poor acting, totally unfunny, possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

-5 Stars. -10/10.

• Paid Members
Watched Napoleon Dynamite last night. I can confidently say that this film is the Citizen Kane of our generation. 5*, 10/10. Excellent from top to bottom.

Seriously?

Piss poor acting, totally unfunny, possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

-5 Stars. -10/10.

Why would I not be serious? :confused:

If that's your opinion of the film then fair enough, but you're wrong.

Seriously?

-5 Stars. -10/10.

Why would I not be serious? :confused:

If that's your opinion of the film then fair enough, but you're wrong.

First of all, Citizen Kane is a classic, Napoleon Dynamite is not and shouldn't even be considered anything like one whether you enjoy it or not.

Secondly, it is shit, it really is.

• Paid Members

Napolean Dynamite is a movie that will split opinion, i'll be honest in that the first time i saw it my reaction was 'what the fuck!?' but on repeated viewings it just gets funnier and funnier. I love it, but i can see why people don't like it.

• Paid Members

In honesty I was just teasing earlier (it's obviously not Citizen Kane). I do love it however and I was the same as you Ebb. I didn't get it at first, but then the next few watches I totally got it. It's very subtle.

:laugh: And you wonder why people struggle to take your opinions seriously. Good grief.

The first of my new batch of DVDs has arrived - Lone Wolf McQuade! It's meant to be Chuck Norris' best film. I hope so, as to be honest the couple I've seen so far were really poor, and I want to feel I've given him a chance.

• Paid Members

Day: Yesterday

Time: Evening

Company: I and I alone

Film: Transformers: The Movie

Rating: 29 stars

Comments: Bah weep granah weep ninni bong. There is something totally ingrained into my being from this film. Anyone who connected with this as a child knows the power it has. Great soundtrack, better animation than the series and a cracking story. To heck with the CGI version, this is what Transformers...no... this is what LIFE!! is all about. Wins on all levels!!

Edited by Gordon_The_Gopher