DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Yeah, I picked up a bunch of Argento DVDs last year too. Since then I've also grabbed:-

Waz

The Nines

Gattaca

The Best Of CM Punk (FIP edition)

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Driller Killer

Demons 1 & 2

The Man Who Knew Too Much (original version)

Puppet Master

I've probably got more too. Great stuff in there.

• Paid Members
Watched the taking of pelham 123 the other day.. i think this is the first time ive hated a james gandolfini performance but the overall film is good.

The original is one of my favourite films of all time. Everything about it is completely excellent, and it has one of the best endings of all time.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"Gesundheit!"

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
What Dario Argenta films did you fellas pick up in poundland? I've got Deep Red, Tenebrae and Suspiria but I'd love to add more. Wonder if they'll do the same for this halloween.

Yes, I got all those and The Bird With The Crystal Plumage and Phenomena. They are already getting the horror films in, I picked up Driller Killer this morning.

Watched a few over the past few days

Death Tube - a bunch of people kidnapped somehow and forced to play games for an on-line audience to survive. It's ok - nothing spectacular. Made by the same people who did Chanbara Beauty (which I enjoyed) and Tokyo Gore School (a total misnomer and was again just ok I thought). 5/10

Fish Story - A punk rock song saves the world! It weaves a number of stories over a 30 year period with a punk song as its core. I really enjoyed this with the film jumping from period to period and the characters all gelling together. 8/10

Graveyard of Honour - Takashi Miike is my favorite director by a mile. Had to get this on import and I so loved this film. The main character is unpleasant, violent and just nasty even to the people he cares about. He's unlikeable and yet you care about what happens to him even though it's obvious he's on a course of self-destruction. Just a joy to watch and a film I will return to many times. 9.9/10

Wasting Away - A zombie film about a bunch of people who get turned into zombies but don't realise it. The film shows their point of view where they see themselves as just normal people, in normal time though strange things happen to them like losing limbs but also the view of the non-affected who can see that they are zombies. That was a totally shit description of the plot by the way. This is however well worth a watch. Funny and different and less than a fiver from Amazon 8/10

Edited by Georgie Pin

Be kind, Rewind

Now i was unsure about this one, i really wanted to see it when it came out, but for some reason never got round to it. When it first came out on DVD, id heard many bad things so decieded to give it a miss. But thats where blockbusters comes in! They do a 5 for

Be kind, Rewind

I went to the cinema to see this film. Dissapointed to say the least.

It was billed as a comedy, and yes there was some real good comedy moments, but about 1/2 way through the film it starts making a social standpoint and the ending is FAR too `statemently` making emotional attachments to small businesses and how big corporations are destoying local communities.

Too much!

What Dario Argenta films did you fellas pick up in poundland? I've got Deep Red, Tenebrae and Suspiria but I'd love to add more. Wonder if they'll do the same for this halloween.

This Halloween they`re doing `classic horrors`

The Bat, Plan 9 from Outer Space (which I`m halfway watching!), The Killer shrews, The wasp woman, plus others.

Not a bad selection if your into that sort of thing. The only problem, as with the Argento stuff from last year, they come from older stock masters and so the quality and cut is normally sub-par.

But for

Plan 9 from Outer Space (which I`m halfway watching!)

If anyone is near a Poundland and fancies picking one up for me that would be ace. (will sort out payment, postage etc in PM's Me nearest Poundland is in Southport :(

My copy died along long long time ago

• Paid Members
Be kind, Rewind

I went to the cinema to see this film. Dissapointed to say the least.

It was billed as a comedy, and yes there was some real good comedy moments, but about 1/2 way through the film it starts making a social standpoint and the ending is FAR too `statemently` making emotional attachments to small businesses and how big corporations are destoying local communities.

Too much!

i feel you, i was more confused that disappointed. I've watch the film since and i really like it. It definately had a very poor (misleading) advertising campaign. Another film to suffer the same fate recently is Cyrus.

• Paid Members
Watched Machete last night and it was fucking awesome

Oh man, so envious, I cannot wait to see this.

I've got a copy of Machete that i will be watching tonight - i have been assured it's really good quality.

I don't think i've ever been so excited about seeing a film before! :nerd: