DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Watched a couple of films on Sky movies just flicking through. Saw American Pie presents The Book Of Love which is another "spin off" the American Pie series. it was alright for passing an hour and a half. The gags were repetative and the guy who play's Stiffler's little brother is shit but the whole thing wasn't bad. The girl who played Ruby in Eastenders was in it, she was OK. It was probably a 5/10.

Any tits in it? I think I've watched a couple of the American Pie spin-offs, but not this one.

The guy who played Stiffler is a tit. A couple of girls get their tits out though not Ruby from Eastenders unfortunately. Jennifer Holland definitely did.

I'll seek this out. I've avoided it so far despite liking Michael Cera, because it struck me as very indie film and very teeny.

It is a bit teeny but not in a way that makes you feel really old. Like JLM, I'm a big lover of that "city that never sleeps" vibe so I quite enjoyed it. I normally end up depressed after this sort of film because it reminds me of when my wife and I were young lovers as opposed to people who spend our alone time discussing school reports and what colour carpet to buy but this one left me feeling pretty satisfied.

Then someone on here who I like said they thought it was rubbish. Possibly d-d-d-daz?

Yeah, it was daz, I just looked up his post, complete with naff criticisms. He's a cunt now in my book. Bloody brummies.

Edited by tiger_rick

Did we talk about Moon when it came out? Just to add my vote for it being brill, ace and skill. Even Mrs Loki really, really liked it and she hates sci fi.

I thought Inception was shit. Spoilers.... Paris folding over was cool, but why not include more of the mind-bending stuff in the earlier parts where the girl was training? That character was annoying as fuck - a proper busybody, and just waltzed out of class into half running the group. The actual mechanics of how she constructs a dream was totally omitted as well, but that's nit-picking I guess. Overkill on the endless layers of subconscious as well - it wasn't hard to follow, it just got tedious after a while. I dunno, I've given people shit for over-analyzing films and being too negative, but I just know that by the end I wasn't rooting for them to get it done, I just wanted them to hurry up and finish. Big let down, considering I really liked the Batman films and Memento.

Watched Inception last night. I have no idea what went on or what the film was about because the annoying, noisy, mobile using cunts next to me distracted me for the majority of the film. They then left about an hour before it finished because "this films shit". HOW CAN YOU FORM AN OPINION ON A FILM THAT YOU HAVE TALKED AND TEXTED THROUGHOUT YOU HORRIBLE IGNORANT CUNTFUCK!

I may kill someone one day.

• Paid Members

Okay, just watched Exam and I thought it was really rather good, with a couple of issues though.

For a start, despite what the cover says, it's really nothing like The Usual Suspects or Saw - especially the latter. And then the rest is spoilers:-

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

One of the 'rules' is that you mustn't spoil your paper, but for fuck's sake! Surely getting them soaking fucking wet is spoiling them! That really is a technicality that a film this precise can't get away with. That was crap. Also, the ending I think would have benefited by ending without the discussion at the end - she should have just handed her paper, said "None" and that should have been it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Otherwise though I really enjoyed it. I think films like this do need a strong cast because they are very much character pieces, and I think that they did well with a largely unknown cast aside from Jimi Mistry. Good fun, basically.

Watched The Mist last week expecting a decent film considering the reviews on the web, and I wasnt disapointed, it wasnt terribly scary but it was a fun, fast and a bit disturbing especially the end of the film and how crazy some of the people become in it. well worth a watch. 7/10

Watched The Mist last week expecting a decent film considering the reviews on the web, and I wasnt disapointed, it wasnt terribly scary but it was a fun, fast and a bit disturbing especially the end of the film and how crazy some of the people become in it. well worth a watch. 7/10

I agree. The ending is one of the most shocking I've seen in recent mainstream films.

I'm currently sitting through Bronson on Sky Anytime. It's not brilliant, but Tom Hardy is ace.

• Paid Members
Anyone recommend some other Stephen King related films?? Im desperate to see Pet sematary.

The mini-series of The Stand was really good, as was Salem's Lot. Obviously, there is The Shining too.

• Moderators

I thought it'd be an idea for something to stick on my blog to watch the movies everyone's seen that I've not yet gotten around to and write about it, so I've just watched Planet of the Apes, the original, for the very first time. It was so different to what I expected. All these years I've had this picture in my mind of a pretty wacky 60's action movie, but it's a pretty heavy and full-on allegory for the battle between science and the religious establishment. It is awesome though, a 5 star movie, but judging by the trailers for the sequels, the series descends into absolute madness pretty quickly.

• Paid Members
I thought it'd be an idea for something to stick on my blog to watch the movies everyone's seen that I've not yet gotten around to and write about it, so I've just watched Planet of the Apes, the original, for the very first time. It was so different to what I expected. All these years I've had this picture in my mind of a pretty wacky 60's action movie, but it's a pretty heavy and full-on allegory for the battle between science and the religious establishment. It is awesome though, a 5 star movie, but judging by the trailers for the sequels, the series descends into absolute madness pretty quickly.

You'd be right. The sequels are completely ridiculous, nothing like the original, but not bad for a Sunday afternoon laze on the couch after a large roast dinner.

Anyone recommend some other Stephen King related films?? Im desperate to see Pet sematary.

I was a big fan of IT back in the day and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it when I bought it a couple of years ago and you even have the joy of watching hilariously bad acting.