General politics discussion thread

David

Do those occupying protesters have jobs or go to uni or such?

Have they a source of income? Do they contribute?

:/

I know you like to believe that it's just unemployed people and wasters who take part, but you'll find that the actual numbers of people there will change constantly as people come & go depending on their commitments.

It's not the exact same people there all of the time.

Do those occupying protesters have jobs or go to uni or such?

Have they a source of income? Do they contribute?

:/

At the height of a recession I'd say there's a fair chance some don't. Although of course you did get a bit annoyed when it was shown that there may have been rich people involved in the american versions.

Do you just try and find a reason to whine about people protesting about the actual problems facing this country/the world?

big mickey is the Daily Heil in forum form.

Sod off! Like I give out free duvets & stuff!

No though, my condensed post make me sound dickish there, I more meant who are the type of people attending the london protest as a lot seem to be young student types & if so can they take time off to protest?

But as King Of Swing said, aside from the Anarchists & V mask wearing sillyness, it does seem a decent, civil & above all peaceful protest.

No though, my condensed post make me sound dickish there, I more meant who are the type of people attending the london protest as a lot seem to be young student types & if so can they take time off to protest?

As I said, do you think it's the same people throughout the duration? I've been on many protests, and people come & go as their schedule allows.

As I said, do you think it's the same people throughout the duration? I've been on many protests, and people come & go as their schedule allows.

Yeah, thats kinda what I assumed! :laugh:

Yeah, thats kinda what I assumed! :laugh:

So you agree that you don't have to be an unemployed person or lazy student to attend?

Inflation hit a three-year high of 5.2% in September, thanks largely to price hikes from the UK's biggest energy providers.

That's according to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), which showed that consumer price index measure of inflation had risen dramatically from 4.5% in August. As state benefits are linked to September's CPI figures, the government will be forced to pay out a pretty hefty sum in additional welfare.

However, the increases are lower than those the government would have had to face had they not changed the rules earlier this year. Earlier this year the coalition courted controversy by changing the measure it uses to effectively 'inflation-proof' benefits payments.

Before this year, benefit increases had been automated using the usually-higher retail price index (RPI) - which rose to 5.6% last month - its highest level in 20 years - according to today's figures. As a result of this seemingly minor change, the government estimates that it will be able to save itself

Inflation hit a three-year high of 5.2% in September, thanks largely to price hikes from the UK's biggest energy providers.

That's according to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), which showed that consumer price index measure of inflation had risen dramatically from 4.5% in August. As state benefits are linked to September's CPI figures, the government will be forced to pay out a pretty hefty sum in additional welfare.

However, the increases are lower than those the government would have had to face had they not changed the rules earlier this year. Earlier this year the coalition courted controversy by changing the measure it uses to effectively 'inflation-proof' benefits payments.

Before this year, benefit increases had been automated using the usually-higher retail price index (RPI) - which rose to 5.6% last month - its highest level in 20 years - according to today's figures. As a result of this seemingly minor change, the government estimates that it will be able to save itself