General politics discussion thread

David

Regardless of what's gone before, I'd argue that he was a bad man, and though I'd have preferred for him to be arrested and put on trial rather than murdered in cold blood, he made his own bed.

He made his own bed? That kind of logic would suggest that the US got what was coming to them on 9/11 for fucking with the middle-east then?

If any other nation, especially one not on the good side of us or the USA decided to send their special forces into a foreign country and take some fucker out without clearance there would be all hell to pay.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, particularly with the operation to murder Osama bin Laden.

The world is full of bad men, doing shitty things. I'd be more than happy if all the bad men, of whatever allegiance got what was coming to them too.

Added a blog post, that mirrors my own opinions.

Edited by Jonathan Ford

Killing Bin Laden instead of taking him alive when they had the opportunity to do so was a huge mistake.

He was dar more valuable alive than dead.

Ah, I see. So, you buy into the whole scenario of us being the good guys, fighting for the freedom of our people, whilst the nasty foreigners are the bad guys?

Urgh, no offence mate, but you really have no idea do you?

Urgh, no offence mate, but you really have no idea do you?

Are you buying into it then?

That people like Bin Laden, the Taliban & others who would love to see westerners wiped off the face of the earth are the bad guys?

I guess so, yes.

Edited by big mickey

That people like Bin Laden, the Taliban & others who would love to see westerners wiped off the face of the earth are the bad guys?

I guess so, yes.

What about us though? Aren't we at fault for invading countries like Afghanistan and Iraq?

I guess so, yes.

What about us though? Aren't we at fault for invading countries like Afghanistan and Iraq?

Not really, as it wasn't a war with the Afghan Iraqi people, it was more an attempted liberation for them (which was a bit of an oversight on our part) it was mainly to drive the terroristic & actually quite evil regimes out of power.

Not really, as it wasn't a war with the Afghan Iraqi people, it was more an attempted liberation for them (which was a bit of an oversight on our part)

How many Afghan and Iraqi civilians have been killed since we decided to "liberate" them?

Another question I'd have to ask is, what right do we have to decide who needs liberating and who doesn't?

I think it's plain from your posts Mickey that it's you who doesn't have a clue. You keep buying into that bullshit that you're being fed, lad. Cringeworthy stuff indeed.

How much do any of us really know?

A firsthand experience in Afghanistan would blow blow you away matey. :)

Whilst that may be the case, it can't be denied that this great nation of ours has got the blood of many different peoples on its hands.

Edited by David