General politics discussion thread

David

So not only does Griffin think that we went to war with Iran, he also misspelled Nuremberg more than once and mixed up Sir Mike Jackson with Sir Ken Jackson?

It depends really. If you look at the "official" BNP version of the article it looks like this;

Those Tory generals who today attacked the British National Party should remember that at the Nuremberg Trials, the politicians and generals accused of waging illegal aggressive wars were all charged
Edited by hardcore_harry

The original article did feature on their website, Sky News were talking (and laughing) about it then said that the website had been updated with the corrections.

Even so, it's more laughable for the likes of Sky News to even suggest that Griffin doesn't know how to spell Nuremberg etc, especially when it's obvious that a web guy is responsible for putting stuff up.

It's like spotting some mistakes on the Labour website and laughing at Gordon Brown.

Their attacks are getting desperate. And pathetic.

The party are a fucking non-entity in the grand scheme of things, and they are currently getting media coverage that rivals any of the three main parties.

We know they are a bunch of twats. We don't need the media constantly telling us.

The condescending fucks.

To paraphrase Will Bill in Deadwood, Griffin's eye reminds me of a cunt, and when he talks all I see is his cunt mouth flapping.

He's fast becoming a national figure of fun, and really laughter is the best way to defuse and dismiss any real danger that he and his party represent.

He's fast becoming a national figure of fun, and really laughter is the best way to defuse and dismiss any real danger that he and his party represent.

You think so?

In the past week or so i've spoken to five guys I used to work with who think he's got a point, and that the media are "picking on him".

Does no one else see the absolute hilarity in the idea that the media have been banging on all week about how Griffin and his party shouldn't get a platform by way of Question Time, yet see fit to attribute countless editorials and page space to him?

The BNP had four fucking screens on the Sky News interactive system yesterday.

Well, you and I move in different circles _harry, as everyone I know is looking forward to Question Time in the way Romans looked forward to seeing Christians fed to the lions. It's a bloodsport spectacle, or at least I sincerely hope it will be.

Harry has a point. The BNP's central plank has always been this notion that they speak up for the rights of your average white man while the rest of the politicians are more concerned with these minority fella's, now they can claim that not only are they the only ones speaking up for 'the man in the street' but that the rest of the policital/media machine is trying to stop them doing it. The irony is that the more The Sun goes after Griffin and calls him a snake the more likely it is that their inbred readership will think he's being bullied and think about supporting him.

Well, you and I move in different circles _harry, as everyone I know is looking forward to Question Time in the way Romans looked forward to seeing Christians fed to the lions.

Unfortunately, the circles you move in are probably all voters already, with a keen grasp on whats actually going on.

The guys I spoke to (who aren't friends by the way, just labourers who used to work on the same site as me) have never shown any interest in politics, yet they are getting interested in the BNP.

Not a good sign in my opinion.

My main point though, why has there been a huge uproar over the BNP getting airtime on Question Time, when i've seen Griffin being interviewed throughout the week on Sky News?

The fact still stands that this fringe party has been getting more media time than any of the three main parties have this week.

Griffin must be loving it.

• Moderators

I can't help feeling that laughter might not the best medicine and that pandering to people looking to have a smug laugh at the BNP is just gonna further piss off already disenfranchised potential voters that might decide to do something about, like the guys you're talking about Harry.

I can't help feeling that laughter might not the best medicine and that pandering to people looking to have a smug laugh at the BNP is just gonna further piss off already disenfranchised potential voters that might decide to do something about, like the guys you're talking about Harry.

The guys i'm talking about have never watched Question Time. Ever.

They are all making a point of watching on Thursday though, to see what Griffins going to say to "those cunts in suits" that run the country.

They are under the impression that the people who are trying to stop the BNP are the people who have money, whilst Griffin is trying to help the average Joe.

If you look at the media coverage over the past few days, you can see why they think that.

If the media are going to wheel people out to condemn the BNP, they need to invite people who are relevant to the average British person.

Footballers, musicians, actors and the like. Where the fuck is the likes of Danny Dyer, Jason Statham, Steven Gerrard, Beckham, John Terry?

Bringing out army generals and upper class faceless suit wearers isn't doing anyone any good.

Also, why not bring out white Brits to do it? Maybe thats a fucking idea, eh?

You had me right up until Danny Dyer............................He's never the answer, unless the question is "You have five apples in your left hand, you give your friend two and then move one over and hold it in your right hand - how much fun would it be to kill Danny Dyer?"

Dyer is one of those total cunts that neds & wannabe gangsters think is cool though.

Look at it this way, him saying the BNP are twats will have more impact that some private school army general.

The original article did feature on their website, Sky News were talking (and laughing) about it then said that the website had been updated with the corrections.

Even so, it's more laughable for the likes of Sky News to even suggest that Griffin doesn't know how to spell Nuremberg etc

That isn't what caused the mirth, it was getting the names wrong.

Even so, it's more laughable for the likes of Sky News to even suggest that Griffin doesn't know how to spell Nuremberg etc

That isn't what caused the mirth, it was getting the names wrong.

The fact that the presenter was asking him questions, and Griffin was easily answering them isn't really too funny.

Instead of coming across like idiots "trying to catch out" a man who's been putting up with this type of questioning for the past 20 odd years they should maybe try treating him like any other politician, and start asking him some real questions.

Let's see if he can answer those.

As far as the old race questions go, he's got every base covered, and always will have.